Panoramic roof stuck closed

OP
S

such

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W212 Eclass 350 CDI Sport 2012
Right, I'm a bit cheesed off to say the least! My roof blind is not working after I left GemTech. I contacted them by phone @ 11;32 this am and the chap could not tell me why it was not working. It was demonstrated as working when I handed the car over for diagnostics. Also, the book time to actually replace the motor, according to MB, is 1 hr and gemtech have told me it takes 2.5 hrs! Total bill around £630.
I've not got a good feeling about this - have they broken my blind and inflated the price to fix it?

vtaylor78

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Coupe C207 2010 \ SLK 250 R172 2011.
Right, I'm a bit cheesed off to say the least! My roof blind is not working after I left GemTech. I contacted them by phone @ 11;32 this am and the chap could not tell me why it was not working. It was demonstrated as working when I handed the car over for diagnostics. Also, the book time to actually replace the motor, according to MB, is 1 hr and gemtech have told me it takes 2.5 hrs! Total bill around £630.
I've not got a good feeling about this - have they broken my blind and inflated the price to fix it?

I’m not surprised your not happy!!, hope you get it sorted.

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
Glad you got to the bottom of it, not a bad price for main dealer I suppose.
It’s not something you can ignore, I really like mine and use it a lot at this time of year.
Me too, at that price I hope it never goes wrong!

OP
S

such

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
bit of an update- the roofblind is not working as they tried a reset and re sync of the sunroof motors and the blind won't work now until the sunroof motor is working - so they say.
Anyway, its booked in for Tuesday am.

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
bit of an update- the roofblind is not working as they tried a reset and re sync of the sunroof motors and the blind won't work now until the sunroof motor is working - so they say.
Anyway, its booked in for Tuesday am.
Hope it gets sorted.

OP
S

such

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sunroof motor replaced today and both blind and roof working, but the sunroof is really struggling to open and close.
Don't want to open it too often for fear of burning out the motor.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Sunroof motor replaced today and both blind and roof working, but the sunroof is really struggling to open and close.
Don't want to open it too often for fear of burning out the motor.
That’s no good at all obviously, going back I take it?

OP
S

such

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
i think the original issue was still there which caused the motor to fail.
However, I have just given my car an oil change and lubed up the roof which is running much smoother now and not struggling at all. The original clicking seems less prominent now too.
I'll keep it well lubed in future, although it was supposed to have been done at last MB service.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Yip I agree it’s likely the resistance burned the motor first place but glad it all sounds good now ...

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom