Park assist

350coupe

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 coupe
How can I confirm weather my car has park assist. The P always comes up and if pressed when stationary goes into hold. But today when I pulled up in traffic the P came up with an arrow pointing left, it has never done this before and I have had this car 6 months. :confused:

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Surely the fact you get the indication means you have the function?

Have you read your handbook to see how to use the function?

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
if the P with an arrow is showing you have active park assist.Best thing is to go on a quiet street where you can parallel park and try it. Just slowly pass the space with indicator on.When you engage reverse gear you will see on your display 'active park assist yes/no' then just follow the instructions...scary first time but loads of fun when you 'give in to the force'!

eman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
21 EQC 400 Premium Plus
mines a waste of time as you still have to turn the wheel to the instructions on the dash, it doesn't turn itself like the focus ad. so mine must be park assist not active.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
mines a waste of time as you still have to turn the wheel to the instructions on the dash, it doesn't turn itself like the focus ad. so mine must be park assist not active.

I believe the active park assist became standard from the 2014 model- mine has it and it does it exactly as it should, steers itself and brakes itself, all i have to do is select gears when prompted....very impressive

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
I believe the active park assist became standard from the 2014 model- mine has it and it does it exactly as it should, steers itself and brakes itself, all i have to do is select gears when prompted....very impressive

Isn't parking your car - parallel or otherwise, being able to do a hill start etc all part & parcel of being able to drive? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Isn't parking your car - parallel or otherwise, being able to do a hill start etc all part & parcel of being able to drive? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

did all that years ago and happy to have technology help out now!I did my advanced driving last year and would have been tempted to use the gizmos for a laugh....strangely they didnt see it that way!;)

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
.......strangely they didnt see it that way!;)

Never done an advanced test, but I was invited to attend a speed awareness course years ago. During the practical (I believe they double the attendance/money these days by doing 2 classroom sessions a day now) and I got shouted at for using my hill assist ..... ie my left foot :rolleyes:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Code 230 is parking guidance, This is on cars that have the blue P in the dash that lights up when at walking pace, and the side activated by the indicator.

Scoob

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 C350 CDI Sport Estate
I get the blue "P" appear in the speedo display area when driving slowly, I just assumed it was the car telling me the Parking sensors were enabled, nothing more. So, does my car have some extra feature I'm not aware of?? Mines just a C-Class though, so possibly this is something the E has mine doesn't?

Scoob.

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
The blue 'P' is Park Assist.

The only indicator the Parktronic is active is the illumination of the first two amber indicators in the Parktronic display

Have you had your VIN decoded?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I get the blue "P" appear in the speedo display area when driving slowly, I just assumed it was the car telling me the Parking sensors were enabled, nothing more. So, does my car have some extra feature I'm not aware of?? Mines just a C-Class though, so possibly this is something the E has mine doesn't?

Scoob.

Yes you have parking guidance that will help you reverse into a gap, if the gap is too small it will pass on it.

Just try it out in a supermarket car park at night when loads of gaps, it will only guide you in as if it was a kerb place, or try it on a road with some gaps.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
yes, the arrow will tell you if you have active park assist whether the space is big enough then give you the option to start active park assist...as Malcolm says, find a quiet supermarket or quiet road first time with few parked cars and try it- that's what I did before I got brave.....

Scoob

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 C350 CDI Sport Estate
Cool, something to play with! Well, when I can drive again, I've not been able to for a little while due to poor health. Does this system really work well then?

VIN decoded? How does one go about that? Is the VIN encoded to include all options fitted then?

Edit: to be clear, there's Parallel parking, like on the side of the road, I assume that's what this system helps with? However, all the supermarkets I've been to have bays - so you park 90 degree to the "road" so to speak - are you saying the car can handle both?

Scoob.

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I would say that park assist is parking sensors, very different to code 230 parking guidance

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Cool, something to play with! Well, when I can drive again, I've not been able to for a little while due to poor health. Does this system really work well then?

VIN decoded? How does one go about that? Is the VIN encoded to include all options fitted then?

Scoob.

Yes, from your VIN one can obtain all the factory fitted options, the build spec.

If you wish, post the VIN in the Decoder thread and some kind soul will provide the datacard..

http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/showthread.php?t=70826

OP
350coupe

350coupe

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 coupe
I would say that park assist is parking sensors, very different to code 230 parking guidance

The sensors are parktronic the P and arrow are park assist from what I have read :confused:

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The sensors are parktronic the P and arrow are park assist from what I have read :confused:

The blue P is for parking guidance I have it and the code is 230.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom