Park assist

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
You're right Scoob.

It's truly frightening all this, isn't it?

Clearly some people think the manual is something put in the glove box by the manufacturer to fill the otherwise empty void.

I always kept mine in the little room and read a few pages each day.
I had 1000 pages with the SL500 books

OP
350coupe

350coupe

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 coupe
You're right Scoob.

It's truly frightening all this, isn't it?

Clearly some people think the manual is something put in the glove box by the manufacturer to fill the otherwise empty void.
Where in the manual does it tell you what extra,s are fitted :confused:

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
The owner's handbook will cover all possible options, it doesn't mean they are fitted to the car in question.

Only the VIN will reveal what factory options are fitted..

OP
350coupe

350coupe

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 coupe
The owner's handbook will cover all possible options, it doesn't mean they are fitted to the car in question.

Only the VIN will reveal what factory options are fitted..

That was my point in the 1st place have done the VIN and it does say I have code 230 so my car has it but that does not get over the reason I 1st posted as the ARROW has only ever come on once which was last Sunday that is in 6 months of driving.

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Either you have been driving too quickly for the system to activate ;) or simply the first time all the required criteria have been met.

OP
350coupe

350coupe

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 coupe
Either you have been driving too quickly for the system to activate ;) or simply the first time all the required criteria have been met.

That makes sense I will have to give it a go this weekend and look in my owners manual how to meet the criteria The P always comes on just need to get the L/H arrow to come on

Thanks
John p

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The blue P should always light up to about 10 MPH, only when the indicator is turned to either left or right will the car look for a gap on the side indicated

Scoob

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 C350 CDI Sport Estate
I guess I don't drive my car quite how MB intended, at least for this system to be useful.

I mean, I drive along slowly, blue "P" showing, I see a space, signal, drive slightly past it and reverse in - same as I've always done. However, doing things this way has never triggered the system.

I suspect I need to re-read the exact sequence of event the car expects me to follow in order for the system to engage. Thing is - and I've driven the car ONCE since first posting in this thread - the last thing on my mind when trying to park is engaging some system on the car.

Like people have suggested, I need to go somewhere quiet to test this out, as trying to "play" when you need to park NOW and get out of other peoples way isn't the time to do it :)

Scoob.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
You have to drive close to the line of car that are parked, the gap remains active till you are 15 feet past the gap.Select R, then confirm with OK on the steering wheel. The cluster then brings up the parking screen. Turn the steering wheel until the red lines correspond to the yellow lines, then the screen turns green.you then reverse in until. the yellow and red lines come up again and repeat the above. If you hear the sound of breaking glass or a crunching sound, try again.

Scoob

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 C350 CDI Sport Estate
You have to drive close to the line of car that are parked, the gap remains active till you are 15 feet past the gap.Select R, then confirm with OK on the steering wheel. The cluster then brings up the parking screen. Turn the steering wheel until the red lines correspond to the yellow lines, then the screen turns green.you then reverse in until. the yellow and red lines come up again and repeat the above. If you hear the sound of breaking glass or a crunching sound, try again.

Should I consider the scream of an errant pedestrian cause to stop also? :)

I wonder if up until this point I've been successfully parking my car in gaps that it considers too small?

Scoob.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Should I consider the scream of an errant pedestrian cause to stop also? :)

I wonder if up until this point I've been successfully parking my car in gaps that it considers too small?

Scoob.

It depends on the way that person has been brought up, and the age of that person, you still have active parking sensors, if that person is now laying flat in the road the sensors should still warn you.:rolleyes::wink:

B king

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C270 2003 cdi(gone) / E350 Sport/ C63 (sons)/GLC daughter
Reading this, there must be different displays/systems fitted to different models. My w212 2011 has parking guidance, it looks for a space on either side of the car once u slow right down, no indicater reqd , the P is shown in the display then an arrow to which side a suitable park space is found, only if u then stop the car the display changes to parking guidance and u press OK to start the instructions..this shows a steering wheel and which way to turn etc, no coloured lines on mine ....prob useful for some but I park quicker on my own!

OP
350coupe

350coupe

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 coupe
Reading this, there must be different displays/systems fitted to different models. My w212 2011 has parking guidance, it looks for a space on either side of the car once u slow right down, no indicater reqd , the P is shown in the display then an arrow to which side a suitable park space is found, only if u then stop the car the display changes to parking guidance and u press OK to start the instructions..this shows a steering wheel and which way to turn etc, no coloured lines on mine ....prob useful for some but I park quicker on my own!
Mine is like yours we still have to do the steering newer models do the steering for you but I would not use either as it is quicker to just park yourself IMO:)

Last edited:

kimbos1961

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes c250 AMG sports estate (w204)
ok that explains it
i have just bought a 2014 car, and when i drive slowly a blue p appears in the instruments. i haven read the book any further...
ty

Jack Douce

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 CDI Blue eff 2013 auto
I have the blue P when driving under 20mph but get no arrow indicating a suitable space, indicators on or off makes no difference also have the front and rear sensor display which shows amber bars which go red when too close both nothing to guide when parallel or reverse parking? My car is 2013 C 250 cdi

dry run

Reaction score
Website
kb-boatpark.co.uk
Your Mercedes
CLS 350d AMG LIne Premium Plus
It will only show an arrow if you are going slowly enough and the space is big enough to safely park. It's worth checking that it's not a function in the menue that can be turned on/off.

Jack Douce

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 CDI Blue eff 2013 auto
I Will check the menus to see if I can find anything

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
It's all detailed in that nice little book they give you with the car .

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom