Parktronic on A class pre-2013

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W247 AMG B200 (2020), A160 (2009) CLK270 (2005) SL230 Pagoda (1964, long gone)
Does anyone know exactly what A models 2008-2012 had Parktronic available as an option? I think only certain versions did - I'd particularly like to find an 'Elegance' but trade adverts rarely go this far. Wish they would. Thanks.

CowleyStJames

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes-Benz E63s, Old knackered G wagon
Can't help you with your question directly, but Parktronic of those years is absolute rubbish.
All it does is tells you if a space is big enough and guides you thru the parking process.
By the time you've parked with Parktronic guiding you, I've parked up, got my shopping, loaded the car up, and got back home.

dry run

Reaction score
Website
kb-boatpark.co.uk
Your Mercedes
CLS 350d AMG LIne Premium Plus
Isn't Parktronic just the lights and beepers as opposed to Park Assist which is as you describe? the new Active Park Assist will park the car for you and is a great gimmick. But I think we know the forums views on using it :)

OP

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W247 AMG B200 (2020), A160 (2009) CLK270 (2005) SL230 Pagoda (1964, long gone)
Isn't Parktronic just the lights and beepers as opposed to Park Assist which is as you describe? the new Active Park Assist will park the car for you and is a great gimmick. But I think we know the forums views on using it :)
You're right, thanks - so many similar names. I do indeed mean Active Park Assist which seems to have been available as an option from the new 2008 version. But which model?!

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
Can't help you with your question directly, but Parktronic of those years is absolute rubbish.
All it does is tells you if a space is big enough and guides you thru the parking process.
By the time you've parked with Parktronic guiding you, I've parked up, got my shopping, loaded the car up, and got back home.

Not true ---- my wife had a 2008 or 2009 A class and it had the full monty and parked itself. Worked very well.

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.

I use it whenever I parallel park my SL.

The driving position in this car is very low and although I'm 6'2", I cannot see any of the corners of my car which makes reverse parking tricky (and no - I cannot see the sides of my car in the wing mirrors as they are correctly set wide out).

It is easy to use, works perfectly and is not a gimmick so why not use it?

IMO, a lot of people rubbish it because they have not read the instructions properly and don't understand when and how to use it.

Top Bottom