part number help for ride height part

dannyfiveforty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 SL500 2003
Hi,

There is a clip that goes around the rear arb on a w221 (Airmatic not ABC) it wraps around and has a ball joint for the ride height arm to connect to. Mine has corroded and needs replacing. Can anyone give me the part number or show me a diagram that shows the part please.

Thanks

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
just ring MB with your chassis number and they will give you the correct part pal , I did the same a month or so a go , bout £23 quid , they are a swine to fit on the S-class mind :(

OP
dannyfiveforty

dannyfiveforty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 SL500 2003
Cheers mate, will do.

When fitting, at what point does the ball joint face? I think mine has moved, should the ball point joint point directly down? Or directly at the sensor? Or anywhere else in between?

Cheers

MercMart0802

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 S350 Bluetec Limo
If I remember correctly mine sat slightly down but in front of sensor, however to fit the clip you have to fit backwards and spin into position.. the clip and arm are one assembly and as happens are the same part used for self levelling headlights, not the sturdiest construction. Bembo449 isn’t wrong, I did mine on driveway other week, 11am- 6pm, awkward son of a b#*@%

Top Bottom