PAS/Power Steering Fluid Leak S320 2000

JasonDeane

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Merc S320, year 2000
Good morning gents. Been a while since my last post, but have actually fixed a number of minor problems in the meantime on my (now rapidly ageing) S320 (130,000 miles) by trawling the forums, so many thanks for the continued contributions.

Have gone through the forums concerning a leak which has recently started from the PAS system. They all say more or less the same thing, that there is a leak in one of the pipes somewhere. BUT in my case, most of the fluid seems to be on the front of the radiator, mostly around the top left as you look at it from the front - how can this be? Does it pass through the radiator for cooling or something? The other pipes seem to be intact. This seems like a serious fault to me and perhaps one that will, unfortunately, end my long relationship with this wonderful car. Is it as serious as I think it is? Does it pass through the radiator or am I going mad? (there is also fluid clearly collecting on the drip tray under the front of the engine also) Is there a schematic that shows the layout of the system and likely area of leaks?

Is this enough questions in one forum post.

Yes, I think so :)

OP
J

JasonDeane

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Merc S320, year 2000
Anyone got any views on this or know where to point me? Does anyone know if the power steering fluid CAN leak from the radiator and it *appears* to be doing, or if it is more likely coming from somewhere else?

Taken the car off the road right now just to be safe, pending answers here.

Thanks all!

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom