Penetrating fluid test.

davidsl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R172 250CDI Gone..!, R129 SL500 Gone...
It's the format of the phosphorus that matters not the quantity. Cola contains phosphoric acid which reacts with the steel / iron to cause the phosphate conversion effect. Industry uses phosphoric acid in the phosphate coating process together with other oils /sealers to form an impermeable coat as an anti rust / corrosion protection process. Phosphates also aid lubricity.

Milk / yogurts contain phosphates but there would be no reaction with metal as its needs the acid /metal reaction to lay down the phosphate..

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
when circumstances allow i drop a slightly oversize nut on the offending stud,bolt and mig thru both , allow it to cool a bit,ie looks normal ,that normally does it . as far as fluid sprays go , i think they are all much the same, .. stubborn stuf i drill thru, again where access permits . in africa where all the fancy fluids are not avail ,heat and diesel does the job

Westheath

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Empty garage, awaiting new toy :)
in Africa where all the fancy fluids are not avail ,heat and diesel does the job

Mix diesel and Carb cleaner for a potent release agent and overnight injector soaker.

:)

Last edited:

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
50/50 acetone and ATF. Works superbly. You just need to shake it before use as they separate out if left.

The big benefit to any penetrating fluid is after the bolt/nut/stud has started to move.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom