Please please help !!!!Rough Idle and EL power control EPC error

shahiel

Reaction score
:confused: Hi there

I have a C270 CDI W203 2003 model about 170000KM on the clock, i have been having a problem with rough idle when started but after moving it comes right but once i change the gear to park or reverse it starts again, also when i use the kickdown ( foot down) the car switches off and i get and error EL power control "EPC" message, but after put it into park and start again it goes off, i have been having trouble starting as well as it takes one or 2 hits to start.

I put it on the DAS and got a few errors( rail pressure too low , then rail pressure to high, acc voltage too high ....), i changed the plastic fuel pipes from the fuel fillter to the fuel pumps and to the fuel rail, i have changed the fuel fillter, rail pressure sensor(the front one) , the acc pedal and the Air Mass Meter, iv taken out the Fuel pump ( the bottom one) to check for leaks but found non. i have now got no other idea and nor does any merch here, I am in SOuth Africa and they charge an arm and a leg here to use DAS at the dealer and well they all just useless

Please please help !!!!

OP
S

shahiel

Reaction score
Also

I am going to try and clean the EGR and check the injector seals,

Thanks Everyone, and i hope someone can help PLEASE

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
I would say you have high leak off on a couple if not all of your injectors. I dont know if you can find anywhere near you to check the injector leak off value test and hub/mg value via a star diagnosis machine but 90% confident that is where your fault lies.

You can get them overhauled over here for about £100 per injector which saves on replacing them at nearly £300 each.

A faulty EGR valve wont cause the EPC fault to occour.

OP
S

shahiel

Reaction score
Thank you im going to get my mech to test again with DAS(star Diag)

Thank you fingers crossed.

OP
S

shahiel

Reaction score
still no luck

hi

Iv check the injectors and all are fine ( number 1 shows abit of high pressure but still in the right level) , gona try another high pressure fuel pump and see if that gives me any luck, iv found a bit of fuel on the pump but not alot, iv noticed that when i park at an incline the car takes a few cranks to start but at a decline it starts in the first crank. gona try the other pump and see how it goes.

Thanks for the advise.

Shahiel

OP
S

shahiel

Reaction score
I have checked the injector and they are fine, iv changed the high pressur pump and that has sorted out the ( EPC problem) cutting out when you press the kick down, but starting is still a problem and thr rough idle, it idles off when you first start but when you start going its fine and some times when you stop , but if you put it from drive to park or vice versa it starts with the rough idle, in park if you tap the acc once it comes right.

Any ideas?

What would the low pressure pump do? im going to try and put a non return valve on the fuel line from the filter to the tank and see if it helps.

Thanks again for trying to help

Shahiel

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom