Poor telephone sound quality on Viseeo MBU-3000

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Dear all,

I have finally got the CL up and running as of a week ago. The Visseeo is plugged into the cradle, my iPhone connects up no problem, phonebook syncs flawlessly. The problem I have however is that, at the other end, I sound like I'm making the call next to a jet turbine engine at takeoff power. There's a lot of whistling and roaring that isn't related to the car's speed (the car's so quiet at 70, it's unreal).

Does anyone have any idea what might be the likely culprit? Microphone? Poor contacts on the cradle? Complete car kit going a knacker?

OP
C

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
BUMP.

No one have any thoughts on this?

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
whats the phone signal strength look like?

with my funny glass I see massive hit on signal strength compared to normal cars (often see on 1 bar or nothing at all in this car, when less than 4 was unusual even in weak signal areas). when I make a call the ring tone is breaking up crackly but no one has ever questioned the actual call quality and my end is clar as...

Last edited:
OP
C

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Signal strength varies massively, as I'm on EE and near major conurbations ;) no seriously, it can go from zero to hero around here. The odd thing though is that if I swap from Viseeo to speaker whilst in a call, the whistling/ roaring noise stops entirely... so I know it isn't the phone's connection causing poor signal.

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
interesting, when you swap if you leave it in same location same issue?

two things to try,

1) fit a proper handset in the cradle and sit if its sounds OK, as you say maybe the mic is no good, this would help you check that.

2) try someone else's viseoo and see where that comes out.

May as well ensure you have the latest software on viseeo, if its ancient stuff maybe they improved it ??

OP
C

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Woops sorry for the late reply. The Visseo is brand new with latest flash update... I will try with the original Nokia (I still have it, MB badge on the sticker inside n'all...

Last edited:

Christian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w205 AMG Edition, Panasonic washing machine :)
Had one too and the sound was crap. Went back to the shop.

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
Dear all,

I have finally got the CL up and running as of a week ago. The Visseeo is plugged into the cradle, my iPhone connects up no problem, phonebook syncs flawlessly. The problem I have however is that, at the other end, I sound like I'm making the call next to a jet turbine engine at takeoff power. There's a lot of whistling and roaring that isn't related to the car's speed (the car's so quiet at 70, it's unreal).

Does anyone have any idea what might be the likely culprit? Microphone? Poor contacts on the cradle? Complete car kit going a knacker?

two ideas

1) someone else had a recent post with Mic and turned out it was the car and comand sorted for reduced price using second-hand module (it was NOT the mic)

2) I just found for the MB-3 it has this setting (could u have the gain up far to high? )

7.1 Microphone Volume Setting
To setup microphone volume:
1. Press the middle key [MENU] to enter the menu.
2. Press the right key [] to select [MIC VOLUME].
3. Press the middle key [SETUP] to enter the microphone
volume setting.
4. Press the right key [+] or left key [-] to adjust the
microphone volume.
5. Press the middle key [SAVE] to confirm.
Note:
 Microphone quality may vary between car models. ViseeO suggests
that you set up the microphone level by calling your friend and family
to confirm the sound quality at different microphone level and find the
best one that suits your vehicle.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom