possible silent alarm

barnaclebill15

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk220cdi/2006/diesel
Just noticed all the outside indicator lights flashing quickly as if alarming but no sound. Car in driveway all locked no open windows, stopped flashing when I pressed the remote, opened the doors all ok locked the car with the remote all as normal. Any ideas ? car is 56 plate CLK 220 CDI

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Just noticed all the outside indicator lights flashing quickly as if alarming but no sound. Car in driveway all locked no open windows, stopped flashing when I pressed the remote, opened the doors all ok locked the car with the remote all as normal. Any ideas ? car is 56 plate CLK 220 CDI

Siren goosed ...... it's a common fault

OP
barnaclebill15

barnaclebill15

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk220cdi/2006/diesel
Thanks for the fast reply but now I am wondering what sent the alarm off

Scott.G

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 E320 TDI Estate
My 2004 e class had a similar problem only mine was flashing lights and horn! Common fault on them is internal back up battery leaks causing problems. Unit is sealed so replacement siren required. New from Mercedes just under £80. Second hand ones around but be careful as could develop similar fault. One bolt and one cable connection to swap out. Just need to find unit. Just behind front drivers side wheel on E class.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kid-jensen

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ml320CDI 2007
VWs and Audis are notorious for their alarms being triggered by a lightning flash, usuliy along with all the windows winding down on their own.

Unfortunately, we all know what usually happens after a flash of lightning.....a heavy downpour. Just what you need with open windows!

Guess how I know?

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
VWs and Audis are notorious for their alarms being triggered by a lightning flash, usuliy along with all the windows winding down on their own.

Unfortunately, we all know what usually happens after a flash of lightning.....a heavy downpour. Just what you need with open windows!

Guess how I know?
Blubblubblublub!!!

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom