Power Steering Pump failed

andy_freeman

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a 2002 C220CDI, and the power steering pump failed recently. It was making quite a racket when turning the steering wheel. I had it replaced, but it started making a lot of noise again (although it still worked ok unlike previously). I have taken it back to the independant garage that replaced the pump and they have said that they have found out from a mercedes chap they know that there was a recall that was to do with a problem on the power steering pump pipes and that I need to get these changed as otherwise my pump will fail again. They have put a conditioner in the fluid and this has quitened the noise down a lot. Does anyone know about this recall? Am I being fobbed off? I have searched around the internet and I can't find anything about such a recall.

Ellsy Tanners

Reaction score
Me neither, When it went was it due to oil loss, was the level still ok?

OP
A

andy_freeman

Reaction score
Yes, I think there was loss of fluid on the original failure, this one seems ok apart from the noise. My worry is that if I leave it as it is, it will gradually deteriorate again.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Never been up here before,,but I will look when I turn on

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Was the replacement pump a new one or from a breakers?

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom