Pre safe functionality failed

Matt Bourner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 2015
Hi

I have recently taken my car into a Mercedes dealer to have the following issues fixed

Active Lane keeping assist
Traffic sign assist
Pre safe limited
Blind spot assist
headlamp adjust

They are all related to the foreword camera which Mercedes calibrated, however alarms came back after I left the dealership. Mercedes are now telling me that it needs a new windscreen as it is non genuine.

I believe the actual issue may be related to the radar sensor behind the Mercedes badge and not the windscreen.

Any thoughts ?

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
It is unlikely to be radar related as none of those use radar with the possible exception of pre safe. Certainly radar has nothing to do with traffic assist or blindspot assist.
How long have you had the car? Has it always done it?

OP
M

Matt Bourner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 2015
I have had the car for 6 months with the same windscreen.

Blind spot assist is now working after a replacement rear radar sensor however the faults remain with the front sensors.

Mercedes have recalibrated the camera but the fault returned on the way home from the garage.

Another garage adjusted the front grill a short time before the issues so that is why I am wondering if the front radar cross checks things with the camera system and the fault may actually be the front radar out of calibration?

Top Bottom