Price check please.

OP
P

Pete Rice

Reaction score
paulcallender said:
Its obviously a personal plate on the car, since the W140s were never made in 1985 (B reg). I guess the plate has been on a BMW at some stage (or it might be an old photo and its subsequently been transferred onto the BMW), and that someone's database is out of date or has an error in it. I am assuming you've done a free check, not a paid-for proper HPI check. Low quality data.......

If it is dodgy though, I'd look very carefully at the breaking for spares option! Only joking.

Correct.

There's nothing dodgy with the car, plates have just been changed onto a new M3 and with a disco and clio aswell this is just not getting used so it has to go.

davidsl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R172 250CDI Gone..!, R129 SL500 Gone...
Pete Rice said:
Correct.

There's nothing dodgy with the car, plates have just been changed onto a new M3 and with a disco and clio aswell this is just not getting used so it has to go.

err, 2 yr old M3 you mean, not splitting hairs or anything..

paulcallender

Banned
Reaction score
Have you considered stripping the trim, glass etc from the car and using it for banger racing? It would make an excellent banger racer!

Apparently, its the done thing to buy a clapped out MoT failure Rolls Royce for around £3000, break it for non-essential parts and use the remaining for banger racing. Many racers have made a profit from this exercise.

andy_k

Reaction score
Website
www.ak3dgfx.com
Your Mercedes
E55 AMG
well done, that's a good price and a lot closer to the top end of the (admittedly very wide) price bracket I suggested than the bottom - did you use eBay or another method of selling?

As this thread has proved these type of cars are incredibly difficult to price up

Andy

turnipsock

Reaction score
good stuff

My 320 (same year) wasn't a lot cheaper. My job means I'm ripping off Nigel Lawson (or whoever the chancelor is now) evey time I go to work!

I would have paid that for it at least, if I had room for another car.

OP
P

Pete Rice

Reaction score
I did put it on ebay starting at £5000, had around 31 people watching it, but only a couple of people who seemed genuine.

It was also in the auto trader the same week and it sold through this.I possibly could have got more for it on ebay if I let the auction run to the end, but someone came with the cash so I let it go.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom