Private Plates.

mercedes dentist

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1983 280SL 1990 500SEC
anyone know how the system works online?, the car I am buying has private plates which the owner is keeping, I understand he has to take the plates off first, do this online and the original reg will be supplied, he also gives me the green V5c/2, can I then tax the car using the ref. number on the green form and the new reg. when taxed I can then apply to put on my private plate which I have on retention, I can do this online, is this correct?

grahamcol

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 SLK230, 2007 CLK220 CDI
Not sure but i do know the new registration document comes through very quickly, assuming it's all done online. Approx 5 days I think.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
It can all be done instantly. Using your retention certificate put your registration number straight away. Its dead easy. Just make sure you have the plates made up before you do the swap :)

OP
mercedes dentist

mercedes dentist

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1983 280SL 1990 500SEC
It can all be done instantly. Using your retention certificate put your registration number straight away. Its dead easy. Just make sure you have the plates made up before you do the swap :)
thank you Andy but the car has to be taxed before you can fit the new plates

OP
mercedes dentist

mercedes dentist

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1983 280SL 1990 500SEC
thank you Andy but the car has to be taxed before you can fit the new plates

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
No, it does not have to be taxed first. You can fit your new plates as soon as the transfer has been completed. In fact, the blurb states that you must do this. The car can be on Sorn if you choose, but of course it must be taxed before you hit the road.

OP
mercedes dentist

mercedes dentist

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1983 280SL 1990 500SEC
No, it does not have to be taxed first. You can fit your new plates as soon as the transfer has been completed. In fact, the blurb states that you must do this. The car can be on Sorn if you choose, but of course it must be taxed before you hit the road.
I have the V778 certificate would I also need the green slip V5c/2 number?

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom