Project CLK55 AMG

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Welcome to the forum Sasha. Nice choice for your first MB.

Have the secondary cats removed or gutted and rewelded and the resonator deleted for a better V8 growl.

OP
Sasha94

Sasha94

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 CLK55 AMG
Thanks, lots of good exhaust tips that I'm taking in and looking at :)

The dash cam is coming tomorrow so I'm hoping to have an update then and I'll be trying the seat normalisation as well.

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
hi sasha , welcome to the forum , im sure you will find it extremely useful during your quest to mint up your 209 ! I modded the rear cans on my 216 and believe me when I say I never ever get sick of hearing that big V8 do its thang , keeps the factory look too
simon

OP
Sasha94

Sasha94

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 CLK55 AMG
Thanks :) One of the things everyone says to me is that they are surprised it only has 2 tailpipes on the left side instead of 4 and tbh I do covet the CLK63 quad tailpipes so I think if I was going to go down that route I might like 4 tailpipes just for that extra 'I have a big engine' look but still OEM with a CLK63 rear diffuser and AMG branded tips etc...

mercedes13156

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Cabrio and a Ford Kuga
Thanks, yes it has been fun to explore some local roads which are frustrating in the Volvo but much more fun in this.

I also forgot to mention the stereo sometimes won't play sound and the CD Changer is now stropping and won't read the magazine. The single CD still works though so we're good there :)

Beautiful car. Good luck with it. We've got a 2003 CLK200k convertible and the first thing I did was junk the CD changer in the glovebox and the Audio 10 and replace them with a better 2 DIN stereo with bluetooth to stream music and link a phone in. We also got rid of the phone wiring. If you get the trim out to remove the stereo, you'll see the two screws that hold the phone cradle in. Easy to remove. Follow the wiring and it just unplugs, if I recall correctly. Fortunately, most of the things on ours still work perfectly.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
I do covet the CLK63 quad tailpipes so I think if I was going to go down that route I might like 4 tailpipes just for that extra 'I have a big engine' look but still OEM with a CLK63 rear diffuser and AMG branded tips etc...

If you want to do that then have it custom done at the same time as the cats, genuine rear boxes will cost a fortune as well

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Hi and welcome . Lovely car ...I'm jealous . It's funny reading your plans and looking at the car (if you username didn't have a picture) I would have stereotyped you as a 50 year old mechanic called Dave . I must stop stereotyping people o_O

OP
Sasha94

Sasha94

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 CLK55 AMG
That's brilliant info on the phone cradle thanks, exactly what I'm after :) once I've sorted the mechanicals out I'll be right on that!

Exhaust is down the line and will take some saving for whatever happens I'm sure.

Haha, not a chance!! My Dad is 53 lol and that's where I learn it all from although he's not called Dave and he's now a faceless middle manager but my uncle is a time served trained mechanic. I probably do buck the trend when you think of a typical CLK owner; you probably don't imagine a 22 year old woman having one but then the same would probably be said about the Volvo too so I see where you're coming from lol.

My wife has a Peugeot 206 with some pink fluffy dice in it, does that fit better haha

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Hi Sasha and welcome to the forum - you are certainly a petrolhead and I look forward to reading about your future adventures with your car/s! ;)

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Hello and welcome :)

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
Welcome Sasha,

Great car to have a play with, I have owned a CLK55 and they are great cars. If you ever need help with anything then pop a question into the main message boards, we will more likely see it there than on this thread.

Nice part of the world you live in as well. I love the roads that run into Llandudno and over to Colwyn Bay. Some fantastic scenery that goes with that as well. The run up to Anglesey being a favourite as well.

OP
Sasha94

Sasha94

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 CLK55 AMG
Thanks all, well I'll be fitting the dash cam later, will instruct Laura to take a picture of me with the car

Here I am with the Audi when I bought it

Here I am 2 weeks later when I got married

I have chopped my hair to shoulder length now though but it's still me :)

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
... or perhaps a 50 year old mechanic called Dave is having a laugh and stringing us all along. Perhaps @John Laidlaw should take the E63 for a run along the A55 and check things out!
I was over that way a few weeks back when I did a track driving day at Anglesey ...

OP
Sasha94

Sasha94

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 CLK55 AMG
Ty Croes race track?? Did my CBT and bike lessons there ages ago haha, would be a great place to take the CLK once I get used to the ferocious performance on offer. The most powerful machine I've had previously was the Audi and that wasn't exactly a rocket ship just very smooth. My XC70 with its Polestar mapped D5 certainly felt quicker.

Dash cam still isn't here, damn you Amazon!!

towat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W208 CLK 320
Jealous, but if I had a car like that when I was 22 I doubt I would be here today, it would have been a spectacular end though.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Ty Croes race track?? Did my CBT and bike lessons there ages ago haha, would be a great place to take the CLK once I get used to the ferocious performance on offer. The most powerful machine I've had previously was the Audi and that wasn't exactly a rocket ship just very smooth. My XC70 with its Polestar mapped D5 certainly felt quicker.

Dash cam still isn't here, damn you Amazon!!
That's the one Sasha, nice track. I was driving a Ferrari California but I'm hoping to get the 63 on it sometime..

OP
Sasha94

Sasha94

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 CLK55 AMG
Haha, I try to be sensible with it; haven't even pressed the throttle all the way down yet lol

A California!! Well that's a little bit tasty isn't it!

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
Some great corners at Anglesey, last raced there in FFord1600 about 8 years ago.

Llan y Gors Kart circuit as well which is immense fun in a shifter kart.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Some great corners at Anglesey, last raced there in FFord1600 about 8 years ago.

Llan y Gors Kart circuit as well which is immense fun in a shifter kart.
Yeah, School down into Rocket was 'fun' completely blind crest at speed, before rising up Tom Pryde straight to the hairpin, really nice section....

Top Bottom