Project CLK55 AMG

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
IMG_1655.PNG
I was going to ask, is it a Designo colour? I've never seen one that colour before, must be very rare :)

Wait until you see the seats...

OP
Sasha94

Sasha94

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 CLK55 AMG
Wow it's designo inside too!! That must have cost the first owner a penny or two to have it specified like that! Someone with an individual taste though, it's not the sort of combination I imagine they'd sell lots of even though I quite like it :D

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Wow it's designo inside too!! That must have cost the first owner a penny or two to have it specified like that! Someone with an individual taste though, it's not the sort of combination I imagine they'd sell lots of even though I quite like it :D

Black headliner too ;)

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Aaaargh ...My Eyes ....:eek: Please stop posting pics of it !!!

Well when I was looking for a 211 estate, I was stumped... everything was pre-facelift, I didn't want to get stumped with SBC. That one came up for, oh, £3.5k I think on fairly high mileage. So it was the choice between that or a tolerably poor selection of other cars. That one drove the best by far, our X Trail was already gone and baby was due any time, so the decision was fairly easy to make.

I didn't like the colour to start with (I did everything else about the car) but, after living with it a while, swapping the wheels over and more importantly, seeing it on the road while in another car, I really rather like it now. Plus, it's completely dechromed everywhere with the exception of the rad grille. It ain't your common or garden silver, I declare.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Well when I was looking for a 211 estate, I was stumped... everything was pre-facelift, I didn't want to get stumped with SBC. That one came up for, oh, £3.5k I think on fairly high mileage. So it was the choice between that or a tolerably poor selection of other cars. That one drove the best by far, our X Trail was already gone and baby was due any time, so the decision was fairly easy to make.

I didn't like the colour to start with (I did everything else about the car) but, after living with it a while, swapping the wheels over and more importantly, seeing it on the road while in another car, I really rather like it now. Plus, it's completely dechromed everywhere with the exception of the rad grille. It ain't your common or garden silver, I declare.
All joking aside it looks better in the flesh than in the pics.
I do like the wheels it came with though ;)

As for Silver - whats wrong with Silver.... (all ours are silver!)

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)

Mercedes in silver are like Ferraris in red, synonymous.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009

I'm only joking (I think o_O , no seriously stop putting pics of it ) . In your position I would have done the same , I pretty much buy on condition and price , with colour a firm 3rd . And at the price you paid its a no brainer .

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

They clearly are wheels of extraordinary taste, refinement and beauty for sure :)

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I'm only joking (I think o_O , no seriously please put up more pics of it ) . In your position I would have done the same , I pretty much buy on condition and price , with colour a firm 3rd . And at the price you paid its a no brainer .

I shall find some more for you sir.

OP
Sasha94

Sasha94

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 CLK55 AMG
As entertaining as poking fun at Silver Merc's is (and believe me, I'd have rather the Gold over my Silver!) I have a question to ask you all :)

The seat occupancy sensor issue has moved up from 'needs doing eventually' to 'needs doing now!' thanks to the SRS System Service light coming on, the fasten seatbelt sign going away and the belt butler not working. The question is, as I'm finding it such an expensive fix to have done elsewhere, if I wired a resistor over the occupancy sensor to bypass the sensor, would the belt butler still work?? This would only be temporary and I do understand the implications of bypassing the sensors function. That, or, does anyone know a good Indy around North Wales/North West that wouldn't charge the earth for fixing this as tbh it's one of those things I'd rather not have to do myself!

Thanks everyone :)

Top Bottom