Project CLK55 AMG

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
You will probably get a buyer from the forum . Good luck with the sale anyway . I've enjoyed the thread , maybe you could get another Merc :D

OP
Sasha94

Sasha94

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 CLK55 AMG
You will probably get a buyer from the forum . Good luck with the sale anyway . I've enjoyed the thread , maybe you could get another Merc :D

It’s not over yet! Need to detail the SRS light saga, give the car a serious detail job and finish those final things that bug me, and would probably bug someone else. Like I say, if I don’t get the money I want, it can stay with me. I’ve been mulling it over since Christmas, I’m so busy these days and do so many miles on the road (I’ve done 7.5k in the Skoda and I’ll have had that 3 months tomorrow!) and every time I think about taking the Merc somewhere it starts to snow, or there are gritters etc. Over the summer I’ll be back in the classroom 5 days a week and I’m sitting another British Sign Language course over the holidays, so it never stops really. Would consider a swap/px depending on what it the cars in question may be. Hint, if the roof comes off, I will be very interested haha :D

You getting an SL65 then??? ;)

I wish!!! I do have a hankering for a V12, but I don’t have the £££ to consider one. I would be out on my ear before I could finishing parking it outside the house lol.

Maybe when I’m not paying £1k per month for nursery fees I will be happy to have something that just sits outside the house for the odd day, but when there’s that sort of money coming out every month, it’s hard to justify.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Maybe when I’m not paying £1k per month for nursery fees I will be happy to have something that just sits outside the house for the odd day, but when there’s that sort of money coming out every month, it’s hard to justify.

Wow that is a high nursery bill!!!!! Thought mine was bad!!!!

OP
Sasha94

Sasha94

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 CLK55 AMG
It certainly is! It’s not uncommon in this area though and they are very flexible. Open from 7:30-18:00 so it suits on the days I’m early or late. They look after the little one very well, which is what counts.

OP
Sasha94

Sasha94

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 CLK55 AMG
I love it! Had the best holdiays in vans growing up and with Toby when we had the last one. They are great :D

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
I've never really understood the fascination some folks have to drag a yoghurt pot around the countryside....;)

Says he who was looking at a Marco Polo :p:p a modified van :p:p

Caravans have moved on in recent years (just need to be built properly). This weekend, ours is our city apartment on the waterside of the floating harbour in Bristol, for £23 a night ;) Fixed bed with en suite, lounge/diner/kitchen with full central heating. Chilled wine on hand, G&T for MrsP.

It'll be our country house retreat when we visit CountryfileLive at Blenheim in August, pitched at Bladon Chains in the grounds of Blenheim, no need to queue in traffic and walk miles from the car park. Friends will fly into Kidlington airport to join us for the day, with the GLE acting as chauffeur!!!

It'll be our forest hide for MrsPs birthday weekend.

Our beach hut for summer holidays.

Our race day hotel when visiting Uttoxeter in May, and base for Alton Towers and so very many other adventures for young un to have as she grows up.

We had a MotorHome for 9 years and went all over the UK and Europe, but the caravan brings a whole new level of comfort :):)

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Says he who was looking at a Marco Polo :p:p a modified van :p:p
That was Mrs LK's idea which now (thankfully) she's gone off having seen my argument of the cost of a camper being an awful lot of nights in a B&B...

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
That was Mrs LK's idea which now (thankfully) she's gone off having seen my argument of the cost of a camper being an awful lot of nights in a B&B...

A caravan new, top spec is 1/3 the price of a Marco Polo. Put a bar on the W210 and away you go ;) Especially useful to tour France!!

Happy wife = Happy life :D:D

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
A caravan new, top spec is 1/3 the price of a Marco Polo. Put a bar on the W210 and away you go ;) Especially useful to tour France!!

Happy wife = Happy life :D:D
Thing is she likes to have the roof down so that means SLs - a major factor in her mind to use B&Bs instead ;)

And £17k is still a lot of B&B nights! (and we don't have to go as slow, nor suffer a fuel consumption penalty or any have difficulty parking when touring etc etc... No - a caravan is not for me.)

daibevan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C200 Kompressor Elegance SE 2006 Tanzanite Blue with cream interior
We really fancied a campervan until we bought a mercedes.
Now the cost of said van = sl + loads of b&b's.
Now we just need the money.:):)

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
I've never really understood the fascination some folks have to drag a yoghurt pot around the countryside....;)
Me neither, but I’ll probably be joining them. Kids and tents don’t mix too well- or rather the contents of tents!

silestanix

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
97' C250TD Sport
Hey @Sasha94 just reading this, you're selling up... Kinda gutted but I can understand why! Enjoy the time you have left with it... Because it might even make you rethink that decision lol.

gramey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Currently none
Hi Sasha, I still lurk around here now and again, I understand what you mean when you say you've come to the end of your journey with the CLK. I may be a little biased given my current car but this suggestion is actually based on the fact that any SL is going to be a lot of money to have sitting around for occasional use. So as and when the time comes that you put the CLk up for sale perhaps consider something like this, or perhaps a 3.0 petrol quattro if you can find one as they still have a little poke but there don't seem to be that many about.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2005-AUD...159926?hash=item3d591e40b6:g:wK0AAOSw-uhafiqP

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi Sasha, I still lurk around here now and again, I understand what you mean when you say you've come to the end of your journey with the CLK. I may be a little biased given my current car but this suggestion is actually based on the fact that any SL is going to be a lot of money to have sitting around for occasional use. So as and when the time comes that you put the CLk up for sale perhaps consider something like this, or perhaps a 3.0 petrol quattro if you can find one as they still have a little poke but there don't seem to be that many about.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2005-AUD...159926?hash=item3d591e40b6:g:wK0AAOSw-uhafiqP
Aside from a soft top its no different to what she has (and with less power).

gramey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Currently none
Aside from a soft top its no different to what she has (and with less power).

I can't fault your astute powers of deduction there, I was merely taking into consideration that Sasha had said there's little point in having a lot of money tied up for occasional use and "Would consider a swap/px depending on what it the cars in question may be. Hint, if the roof comes off, I will be very interested haha ":)

Last edited:

mikestrivens

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 W124 320TE, 1998 R129 SL500, 2016 Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
OP would probably get less use from a soft top than a hard top as one would likely be more reluctant to use in bad weather. Well mine stays in the cosy garage when its wet outside.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom