PSE pump and Vario roof

sturge

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 R230 Black Beauty, Vito Brabus Sport X. Old Merc's CLK Kompressor E230 elegance E220 co
Hi all, I wonder if any of you bright sparks can answer a question? The motor has gone in my PSE so have sourced a replacement, not sure how I’m gonna get the cam off without breaking the graphite base but that’s another issue. The problem I have is this, since removing the pump, when I try and lower the roof I get the message “close boot separator” is there a inhibitor in the pump that won’t allow this? It was fine till I removed the pump. Many thanks...

mercedes13156

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Cabrio and a Ford Kuga
My wife has a CLK convertible and the roof can be temperamental. We've had the "Close Boot Seperator" message several times while either opening or closing it. Usually I push the boot partition as far upwards as it will go while the roof is closed. There are micro switches on the lever arms at the sides and these need to be kept clean with a scoot of electrical contact cleaner, NOT WD40. Then pull it down while holding both edges. The roof should operate. If not, other tips are to open the roof halfway and go around the roof cavity from above with a can of WD40 and lubricate the hinges as well as contact cleaner on the visible switches. Operate the switches by hand a few times to make sure they are working. Use very small amounts of WD40 / cleaner to prevent staining the roof material.

merk350

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL350 2005 with pano roof
Hi all, I wonder if any of you bright sparks can answer a question? The motor has gone in my PSE so have sourced a replacement, not sure how I’m gonna get the cam off without breaking the graphite base but that’s another issue. The problem I have is this, since removing the pump, when I try and lower the roof I get the message “close boot separator” is there a inhibitor in the pump that won’t allow this? It was fine till I removed the pump. Many thanks...
Yep same happened when my pse pump went,no C/L and roof will not operate same message "close boot separator"

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

OP
sturge

sturge

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 R230 Black Beauty, Vito Brabus Sport X. Old Merc's CLK Kompressor E230 elegance E220 co
Thanks for the replies. I’ve since found out that if the PSE pump is disconnected you get this error message, you also get it if the 20 amp fuse is blown. It’s been an expensive year for the SL, PSE pump and EIS and I thought my missis was expensive …

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Thanks for the replies. I’ve since found out that if the PSE pump is disconnected you get this error message, you also get it if the 20 amp fuse is blown. It’s been an expensive year for the SL, PSE pump and EIS and I thought my missis was expensive …
Expensive- pah! ;)
2016 was painful for mine

Top Bottom