QUESTION FOR ANDY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymous

Reaction score
HI  NEED SOME ADVICE REGARDING OIL PRESSURE FOR 84 123 280E I THINK THAT LITTLE RUN (500MILES ) MAY HAVE DONE SOME DAMAGE PRESSURE  READING BEFORE WHEN ON IDLE 3 NOW 0 BUT WHEN DRIVING GOES TO 3 COULD IT BE OIL PUMP OR SOMETHING MORE EXPENSIVE WAITING WITH EMPTY WALLET:)

Andy

Reaction score
Website
www.mercedesservicing.com
Hi

When was the last time you changed the oil & fiter. If you havn't run the engine dry. Remove the filter & recheck pressure. If ok. Then replace filter & OIL. Check old filter for any debris in the flutes of the filter. If the filter continues to block up. Then remove sump inspection pan & check for sludge. If you do have a sludge problem. Then it will eminating from the camshaft housing. Remove rocker cover & inspect. More than likely there will be sludge and hardned oil deposits through lack of changes. If this is correct. Then think long and hard before you disturb. Once disturbed then there will be blocked filters for some time to come as the bits get trapped in the filter.

With these old 110engines. They do use oil. Even if you don't think so. Usually valve seals. But this comes apparent on long journey's. Keep a keen eye on the oil level. Check before you leave. Check before you leave to come back. You should then have plenty of uneventfull!!! Travelling.

Regards

Andy @ www.mercedesservicing.com

OP
A

Anonymous

Reaction score
:)  thanks for the advice will done that tomorrow ( but also looking at recon engine any idea of price ? ) or is it worth the trouble for a old car like mine and also can you give me a price on rear bushes as mine have disapeared thanks again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom