R129 Roll bar issues.

p_aplin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CLS 55 AMG
Hi,

I have had my SL500 for approx. 10 years, and one day when the battery was flat I attempted to start the car and the roll bar deployed. Since then the roll bar light on the dash has been on and the roll bar switch has been illuminated and flashing.

Not bothered me much to be honest but now after spending a little cash getting my SL back up together over the last few months this is the final fault to resolve.

Just replaced the roof ECU, as it wasn't retaining the window location and causing the windows to drop all the time.

Been told the roof ECU also controls the roll bar, but also been told it doesn't. #confussed.

Symptoms are as follows, roll bar raises when hood raised or lowered, when lowering the roll bar it's almost as if it won't lock into position.

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

Phil

DSB SL AMG

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
300SL (R129 1992 Pre-Facelift), Volvo V70 D5 SE Auto
What year R129 SL????:confused:

concordepilot19

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 (2013) C220 CDi Coupe, R129 (2001) SL 320
Have you re-set the windows (hold both switches up for 5 seconds after the windows are closed) ? Also, after a battery disconnect you'll need to reset the BAS/ESP by turning the steering wheel lock to lock with the engine running.

I believe there is also a roll-bar re-set to be done after a deployment, same procedure as the windows.

Hope that helps, and keep the battery voltage up, I connect mine to a CTEK if it's not been driven for 10 days.

Top Bottom