R129 seatbelts

dp0001

Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a place where I can get a set of (R129) Mercedes SL seatbelts; the type that are built into the seats? I've already tried mercedesparts.co.uk with no luck. The original ones had the explosive caps for the pre-tensioners but I don't need or want these so if there was a version that didn't have these it would be great to know also.

(Seats won't be living in a Merc so there is no brain to set off the pretensioners)

Many thanks

dp

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I could be wrong but I do not the the pre tensioners started till 95.

Why not fit any belt that will go in.

Malcolm

OP
D

dp0001

Reaction score
I could be wrong but I do not the the pre tensioners started till 95.

Why not fit any belt that will go in.

Malcolm

Thanks all. Malcolm, to answer your question, firstly the belt reel lives in the seat at about shoulder height, not near the floor so that automatically reduces the belts that might fit since there might be too much belt winding onto the reel.

Secondly, I imagined that since the reel lives in the seat back which would be angled to suit various driving positions, the latch mechanism might be different to cope with this. Most body mounted seat belts I have handled are very sensitive to mounting angle; a slight deviation from true and the latch kicks in.

Looking at one of the old belts, theres a number REPa 1 5411 C. Might this be the same across a variety of models or do Mercedes design each model down to the seat belt level?

I've sent off an online request to mercman.net, many thanks again

dp
1988 300TD estate, 1967 Morris Minor with 500SEC seats being changed to SL seats

Last edited:
Top Bottom