R170 SLK 2000 Face Lift

Dark-Knight

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK R170 2000 2.3
Hi,

I want to get some kind of diagnostic tool for the above SLK. I'm aware that this model and age might be before the current OBD2 and I'm not really sure what ports are available on the car and the sort of stuff I can do?

Can anyone help?

Dave

coventryslk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 CDI Sport
Hi,

I want to get some kind of diagnostic tool for the above SLK. I'm aware that this model and age might be before the current OBD2 and I'm not really sure what ports are available on the car and the sort of stuff I can do?

Can anyone help?

Dave

I had obd2 on my slk. Used an elm wired socket or elm bluetooth linked to my phone. It's not good as star but you can get the basics

OP
D

Dark-Knight

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK R170 2000 2.3
Hi Coventry,

Thanks for the speedy reply. I thought that OBD2 was only on models of 2004 and younger, but happy to hear that. What phone app did you use? Did you use this wired or to one of these little wireless gizmos off that auction site?

coventryslk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 CDI Sport
There are so many. Obd pro I think is the most detailed. Elm bluetooth is cheap and some apps are free. It is handy to have in the car if you have any problems

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom