R230 - Alarm signal horn bench test

kevh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230) 2003 4966cc
A STAR report has indicated that there is a fault in the communication my alarm siren. (2003 SL500).

The sounder was not working - checked this by locking the car with the remote and then physically opening the drivers door using the emergency key. My hazards flash, but not sounder.

I have fitted a replacement used sounder (which is tested and warrantied by the supplier) and there is no change.

I have taken it back off the car and the used part had the connector and a short length of cable still fitted. Can someone please advise how i might bench test the sounder to check whether it works. (there are 3 cables:- brown, green/yellow and red/yellow).

Thanks very much.

Regards

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom