1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R230 ROOF LEAK

Discussion in 'Bodywork, Tyres, Wheels & Trim' started by twistgrip, Jan 4, 2016.

1. twistgrip

twistgrip Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    My car SL 350 05,sons car CLK320,other cars BMW 318IS ,95, 1964 Chev Corvair Monza restoring.
    Hi,happy new year ,I have leaks to the roof where the joint is over qourter window and to passenger side joint at A frame this leak is rather severe,i`m wondering if the roof is closing tight enough,i think my consumer battery is under charged would this be a contributing factor,any ideas welcome.

2. SL55 Mark

SL55 Mark Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    2004 SL55 AMG
    Does it look like there's a gap at the top of the windows ? The fit should be quite snug. Krytox/gummi pfledge needs to be regularly applied to the rubber seals to ensure they work properly.

3. OP
    twistgrip

twistgrip Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    My car SL 350 05,sons car CLK320,other cars BMW 318IS ,95, 1964 Chev Corvair Monza restoring.
    RE R230 ROOF LEAK

My apoligies,computor freezin up,the windows are closing tight,no gaps in roof seals,i opened the roof and closed it then poured water over were it was dripping ,no water came through,will try other areas later ,looks like rain again i will cover top to keep dry inside,thanks for now,
    regards Steve.

4. RIB1001

RIB1001 New Member

Your Mercedes:
    SL350
    I ha
    I have found Swiss Vax is the best seal feed to use but it is pricy, try eBay

5. Naraic

Naraic Moderator

Your Mercedes:
    2005 CL500.
    Welcome to the forum.

Check the date of posts you reply to. This thread is more than 2 years old.