Radio problem

MBZ560

Reaction score
Got in the SEL about an hour ago. Turned on the stereo, nothing. Opened door to get out, stereo came on and the electric aerial raised. Got back in car, shut the door, stereo turned off and the aerial retracted. Repeated process with same result. Gave up at this point as heavens were due to open. Guess it must be something to do with the contacts on the door. Auto electrics is not my bag, so any advice appreciated

Myros

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R107, S211, R170, C219
it sounds like you've a feed or ground problem

maybe your live feed is taken from the same as the interior light,( which is permanently live) or you are grounding through a similar contact. Is this happening with the ignition on, or radio turned on separately? ( not that i know much, but I had to rewire the ice in our 124 to make it work, and had to put right a lot of previous bodging to do it.)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
This is a hard one,the radio feed ahould be from the cigar lighter

OP
M

MBZ560

Reaction score
Had another look. The interior light is not coming on when the door is opened. It works if switched by hand. With the ignition on and door open all is fine. If you push the interior light switch located in the door frame the radio dies. I will take the switch out tommorow and have a better look. Hopefully just a bad connection

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom