Rear light problem

L John

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C350 Petrol Elegance
Just had a thought, if mine is ok I'll turn everything on for 5 minutes with the cluster out and check for heat.
I've got a FLIR imaging thermometer so I'll be able to check all areas including the earth wire away from the contact point.

OP
JBell

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
And joy of joys the passenger side has gone now, only the earth wire has corroded though

OP
JBell

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
New bulb holder, plug and earth wire ordered, going to be earther straight to the body. Indy is doing it all on Friday am

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
New bulb holder, plug and earth wire ordered, going to be earther straight to the body. Indy is doing it all on Friday am

I wish my rear lights used a separate bulb holder like that. The loom on mine plugs directly to the light unit & the bulbs have their own individual holder. The stop/tail bulb has burnt the track slightly.

OP
JBell

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I wish my rear lights used a separate bulb holder like that. The loom on mine plugs directly to the light unit & the bulbs have their own individual holder. The stop/tail bulb has burnt the track slightly.

That sounds expensive!!!!!

OP
JBell

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I've not even priced one up. I just don't fully turn the bulb holder ;)

I would do the same, Exeter MB managed to send the wrong part (Offside NOT the near side) so have to go back again later

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Can you not cut the track and solder a repair wire in?

OP
JBell

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
So all fixed and it is now earthed directly to the bodywork so should be a much better solution

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom