Reluctor Ring

boxer 01

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 CDI SPORT
Well that depends on what diagnosis you have done in the first place doesn't it..?? If you have just read the fault code and replaced what the code reader has said, then it isn't diagnosis, you have assumed off the back of the fault code and maybe what others have posted here in the past as the fault. But did you check its feed, earth and signal on the sensor plug? If not, chances are you have missed something.

I post everyday and say the same things to others.

Fault code reading isn't diagnosis. The step procedure I call it is F-D-C Fault, diagnosis and cure. That means looking at the fault codes first, following the test steps on the guided fault finding and then confirming what the cure is.

Or you have bought the sensor from a factor and they have not given you a pulse inductive sensor, and that I have seen countless times in the past.
Thanks for that mate the sensor is a pagid from Euro and what you say makes sense.
I have a good mind to stick the original sensor back on and see what happens because I feel is was the reluctor ring allege time.

boxer 01

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 CDI SPORT
I have had nothing but trouble with those sensors, I always fit genuine.
Well I took the car to a merc indie who put it on star and has reset the auto transmission and I have done about 40 miles everything seems fine so problem sorted hopefully thanks Steve.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom