Remapping a 2016 C220d (Euro VI)

karlo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220d Coupe 2016
Hi everyone, I bought a 2016 Mercedes-Benz C Class C220d Premium Plus Coupe with the Euro VI 'Ad-Blu' system installed.

I am looking to have the car remapped, but my usual contact was unable to read the ECU data through the OBD port and advised that he would have to remove the ECU in order to remap the car - which would be fine, except the ECU is the first thing you see when you remove the engine cover.

I wonder if anyone has managed to have the new Euro VI ECU remapped through the OBD port or whether it is now an "ECU-out" job.

I'd be grateful if anyone can tell me of their experience of an ECU-out job - is it blatantly obvious, or unlikely to be picked up by MB on servicing the car?

Thanks!

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
most units are now ECU out job for mapping and 99% go fine, best bet is to go to a tuner that has done these and understand what has to be removed and how before going further. On that note where are you based, there are a couple of forum sponsors here that can do mapping with the ECU removed.

OP
K

karlo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220d Coupe 2016
most units are now ECU out job for mapping and 99% go fine, best bet is to go to a tuner that has done these and understand what has to be removed and how before going further. On that note where are you based, there are a couple of forum sponsors here that can do mapping with the ECU removed.

Thanks, I suspected that would be the case, it just alarmed me slightly when I realised the location of the ECU! I'm based in East Kilbride, near Glasgow

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
I would ask Anthony at GAD Tuning, IIRC they have a place up there

eman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
21 EQC 400 Premium Plus
All the new ECU`s are security protected so have to come out and be split, a good tuner will have the right tools to do this and re-seal so no evidence its been opened. Oh and well worth it. ;)

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
Ok from your location you have GAD North or Big Fish Tuning, both are very good at what they do but personal preference from me would be Big Fish,

Top Bottom