Removal of MOST and its components

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
As part of the head unit upgrade, I'm going to retire all the MOST components from the car (A200 C169 2006 WDD169333), including, of course, the Audio 20 (NTG 2).

Looking at the EPC (VIN-specific), it doesn't appear to have anything else, but the obvious: CDC, UHI and a phone console, there's no extra amp for the subwoofer/speakers, neither is subwoofer linked to MOST at all:

35361641094_29143eaf71_o.png

Am I correct in assuming that, once the Audio 20 is gone, there will be no errors passed on to the instrument cluster, due to the open fibre network, and I do not need to locate and close open loops?

What I'm trying to establish is whether the instrument cluster (or CPU) rings the MOST on its own, or just gets the info from the Audio 20, and if none is present, than it's fine?

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom