Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDI 2001
Removing the W203 Wing Mirror Casing

Make: Mercedes
Model: C220 CDi
Body Type: W203
Transmission: Automatic

1. Push the mirror towards the back of the car firmly. It feels like it shouldn’t be pushed but it does.

2. Try to push as far as you can, I used my body weight to hold it back as it has a very powerful spring.

3. Look inside the folded mirror and you will see some brass bars, look on the inside of the mirror casing and you will see a silver clip, this needs to be pushed out with a screw driver towards the body of the car, use the edge of the Mirror casing for leveraged. You will hear it click
MercC220_CDi_W203_2001-0011.png

Failing to do the following steps carefully will hurt you!!!!!!

5. Now keeping the mirror folded slightly push. BUT NOT ALL THE WAY. The Casing should slide.

6. Now let the mirror relax back to its natural position and pull off the casing.

7. Voila.. its done!!!!

Last edited:

Mercedes-2010

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes C350 AMG Sport (2013)
If you have electrically folding mirrors then just close them in without the need to wrestle with the mirror body, easy peasy, I changed one of my indicator strips only last week...

Great How To

;)

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
The question of how to is asked often so this should be useful to many.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom