Replacing glow plug relay 2006 CLS 320 CDI

zxr2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI
Hi I've got one to go on I need to disconnect the battery, but doing that will reset everything in the car eg memory seats/ windows / radio / clock resetting all that would be a pain in the arse.
But I do have a memory OBD saver which I use the battery form my kawasaki to keep power to the memory the worry I have connecting that to the car then disconnecting the battery in the boot will I still have power to the control unit, or do I have to suffer resetting everything again

regards Harry

KennyN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 440i, Cayenne, ZX12r / ZRX11 / ZRX Monoshock
No need to disconnect the battery to replace the relay , as long as the ignition is off you will be fine.

Two bolts and two plugs , 20mins to replace.

The front bolt has a retaining nut the inner one is tapped into the casting.

Kenny

OP
zxr2

zxr2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI
Cheers Kenny nice collection of bikes me old mucker ;)

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
No need to disconnect the battery to replace the relay , as long as the ignition is off you will be fine.

Two bolts and two plugs , 20mins to replace.

The front bolt has a retaining nut the inner one is tapped into the casting.

Kenny

almost agree, except the cable doesn't reach and you need to cut off and thus have a replacement cable tie... fiddling the cable through takes 10 mins more.... and you're supposed to have a star headed socket, but a 6 sided 8 mm works a treat

KennyN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Cheers Kenny nice collection of bikes me old mucker ;)

Cheers , just a shame we dont get the weather to use the ****** things. I was thinking about selling them and getting a snowmobile and a jetski as i would get more use from them.

Kenny

OP
zxr2

zxr2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI
our weather seriously ducked up one minute snow then blistering hot sun few days ago so much rain the roads around here flooded, some over a foot deep some places thought I was going to drown my CLS :eek:
I've been a proud owner of a green/blue/white 1990 ZXR750H2 since 1996 just finished a full nut and bolt rebuild on the old girl ;)

KennyN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I've been a proud owner of a green/blue/white 1990 ZXR750H2 since 1996 just finished a full nut and bolt rebuild on the old girl ;)

Nice classic machine , the ones i have haven`t reached that status yet.

I had a GPz1000 that i started a resto on but after a coupe of years and too many ££££ i gave up as i felt it was one step forward and five back.

Kenny

OP
zxr2

zxr2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI
hi Kenny cheers for the advise the controller fitted, took me all of 15mins. That motivated me to replace the two top balljoints seeing mot due in July and the balljoints we're and advisory last year sorted in about 30mins a side ;)

regards Harry

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom