REPLAECEMENT TORQUE CONVERTER

2caats

Reaction score
Hi, i need my torque converter changed so i am trying to source one online. My problem is trying to find the correct part.

My Vin WDB2110082B370449 (2008 W211 E220 CDI}

I have been informed the part number i require is 2112501402 but when i search this part it is listed for a E320 cdi W211. Is this part compatible with most E-CLASS models no matter of engine size?

If not compatible can sombody post the correct part number please.

Thanks.

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
Ring an MB parts dept, ask for a price and the correct part number.

Last edited:

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
if you use dealer ,make sure the paperwork has vin checked on it ,should have no issues returning it if part comes incorrect then. can have issues with non stock items if not

OP

2caats

Reaction score
Ring an MB parts dept, ask for a price and the correct part number.
Unfortunately they won't give the part number and i don't really want to buy a new manufacturers part as i only intended on keeping the car for another year so a second hand or reconditioned part would do.

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
i think sometimes the better on line breakers can identify what you need. did you try them .

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Ring JPAT and ask them if they have recon one in stock. They are very good.

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
Unfortunately they won't give the part number and i don't really want to buy a new manufacturers part as i only intended on keeping the car for another year so a second hand or reconditioned part would do.

I have only dealt with MB Macclesfield and Stockport. So I may ring back to place an order they have been happy to let me have the number when asked.
MB Macc' will know I won't be spending the silly money that they are often asking but still divulge.

I guess not all main dealers are so obliging.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Ring JPAT and ask them if they have recon one in stock. They are very good.
This is what @Arudge did and he seems happy with his.
JPAT also modify the TC to improve on an infrequent issue with the clutch pack I believe but Andy can probably advise more on that.

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
Use JPAT all the time as they are only about 10 miles from me.

You can even send them your old unit and they will refurb it and send it back to you. You won't find a better service in the UK for TC refurb.

Arudge

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK200 2000 Kompressor
This is what @Arudge did and he seems happy with his.
JPAT also modify the TC to improve on an infrequent issue with the clutch pack I believe but Andy can probably advise more on that.
I was very happy with JPAT, superb company, an organisation that's actually organised.

There is a Sonnax modification to the TC clutch to deal with excess fluid that can collect inside the clutch, this has the effect of part applying actuation pressure to the clutch, in short, makes it sticky. The Sonnex mod works but shortens the TC clutch life, and you need to rebuild the clutch to apply the modification. if the clutch is built up with the correct clearances then this problem shouldn't occur, there's nowhere for the oil to collect, but i'm beginning to doubt how diligently some of these units were built originally.

The Sonnax mod is a belt and braces idea. I trusted JPAT to rebuild the Clutch pack correctly therefor the Sonnex mod wouldn't be needed, but it's available if it gives you peace of mind.

From what i understand there are over 50 variants of TC and they all look the same. The chances of finding a good second hand TC suitable for your car are slim, worth a try of course, but slim.

Arudge

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK200 2000 Kompressor
Use JPAT all the time as they are only about 10 miles from me.

You can even send them your old unit and they will refurb it and send it back to you. You won't find a better service in the UK for TC refurb.
This send and collect service is superb.

Just drop the old TC in the box that the new one came in, give them a ring and somebody collects it. I never had to leave the workshop.

OP

2caats

Reaction score
Update.

Well i got part number from mercedes and got the converter off the shelf from JPAT, when it arrived it was the wrong one! (fortunately the box had not been taken out before we noticed as i needed the car) It was not the fault of JPAT but in fact was the dealers fault as they had not looked into a sub menu for my model. i rang JPAT back and they said they also had the correct part in stock so i paid for the second one and this time it was fitted and we are all fixed now.

I must say what a great service i had from JPAT., placed both orders at 3.30pm and they were at me door each time before 12noon the next day. i received a full refund on the first converter and again for the core unit which both went back together.

Anyone needing a converter dont hesitate in ringing JPAT if you need a recon converter or if you want yours rebuilt as they can also do this in a 3 day turn around (from leaving your home on Monday via TNT you would have it back by 12noon Wednesday)

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom