Restoring dull aluminium parts

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
Thank you ,. The job you have done on your alloy looks good .A hand drill with a small mop on just to get in the nooks and crannys , and it will look like new.

Jkh112

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 Bluetec estate
Those pics do not seem to be of the same part.

Jkh112

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 Bluetec estate
Looks like one pic with bottle in and one with it out ..
Yes, also with 2 different castings visible.
Before pic has bolt and connectors to the right. After pic has bolt and connectors to the left.
I thought maybe one pic had been flipped but when you look carefully there are more detailed differences (e.g. The flange line above bolt in before pic is shaped around the bolt, the flange line above bolt in after pic is straight)

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Is it not just one pic is 90 degrees to the other and a slightly lower viewpoint?

Jkh112

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 Bluetec estate
I don't think so.
The black connector in before pic goes into a piece of the casting flush with the outer face but the one in the after pic goes into a flange and the end of the securing bolt can be seen protruding.
This makes me wonder now of the before pic is taken from above whilst the after is taken from underneath the car, but I don't think this is the case as the dot on the outer face of the casting seems to be off-centre and towards the camera in both pics.

I have too much time on my hands at the moment!

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
Why would anyone want to put false pictures on here .
Is this a quiz? of match the picture up ?
I had a tub of this Alu years back from Bingley Hall in Birmingham great cleaner and polisher for my cobra super slots i had fitted to my rover v8 ..May be the same product.

Jkh112

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 Bluetec estate
I am not making any comment on the product. Just observing that I do not think the before and after pics are of the same part, not trying to cause offence.

KennyN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 440i, Cayenne, ZX12r / ZRX11 / ZRX Monoshock
Is it possible that the pics are of a V configured engine and they are pics of the same part on different sides of the engine , one original and one cleaned with the product as it looks like a mirror (ish) image of the same part ??

Kenny

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Call me pedantic but it ain't that clean, whatever your view on the pictures.

OP
Morethanpolish

Morethanpolish

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Kompressor
Jeez you guys are making me work hard !
These images were posted on another forum by our customer who gave me permission to use them. I didnt look too hard at them but they are quite obviously one of a section which has had the product tested on it, and a later picture of a similar section of the engine. Presumably he was quite happy with the test area, which of course isn't the finished item.

Its a well proven product so I'm sure will do a good job on virtually anything. I use it myself extensively.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom