S203 noise from wheel area when going straight or when turning right

goretex

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c180k/2007/180k
I have a problem and would appreciate any assistance.

I recently had my front discs and pads changed. After driving 500 miles or so a strange noise started to come from what appeared to the the front nearside as if the pads were rubbing I was told that the piston was not retracting back all the way and that the seals needed to be removed and replaced however the noise continued and now sounds as though it is coming from the offside now.

When i jacked the car up and spun the wheel it made it two thirds the way round before stopping.

We suspected either warped disk or the bearing however there was no play in the when then we tested pulling it from 12 - 6 O'Clock or from 3 - 9 O'Clock

The mechanic removed the wheel bearing lubricated and replaced. and said that when it was replaced the wheel would not turn.
he removed the bearing and inserted again at a different degree this time the wheel would then spin freely and advised that the noise was would be cured. However it is worst than before you only have to turn the steering wheel a fraction to the right and the noise gets worse than in a straight line (no noise when turning left)

Does this sound like the bearing need replacing if so which as I have read on different sites there are 2 or 3 sets

Any help would be great - Besides get a new mechanic that is being actioned

Cheers

Last edited:

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom