S204 Facelift/S205 (Estates) Tailgate and Load Area Lights

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
I would like to improve the lighting on the tailgate and load area of my pre-facelift S204. At the moment both the lights in the rear pillars (which dim up when turned on then dim down when turned off) and the lights in the tailgate itself have 6W W5W/501 normal bulbs. As the tailgate lights, as far as I can see, do not dim up and down it's possible I can find some suitably short LED's (existing bulbs are only 25mm overall length), but as the pillar lights dim I can't find suitable LED's, and the ones I have just flicker.

I'm wondering if the facelift S204 or the S205 have LED's in these 4 fittings, and if so, do the pillar ones dim up and down?

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom