S320cdi, w220, engine cuts out!

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
wots new ...... anyway yr fixed and on the road and you, lk ,myself, and others learnt something one thing MB ownership WONT do is bore you.....

OP
K

Kevr7881

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S320 cdi W220 2000 registered
Yes the plastic pipe seals replacement should have been listed as a service item, if they had a scheduled replacement at say 8 years or 100k miles it would have spared x thousands of owners the same experience including myself, poor engineering really
Agreed! This was a challenging fault that didn't flag up a definite error code. Those 'O' ring seals are available separately from Mercedes. Far cheaper than the cost of either the crank position sensor or the cam position sensor which I'd already replaced as these were both potentially logical candidates on my 17 year old, 79,400 miles travelled S320cdi. Hope this post helps others with similar issues driving them demented!

OP
K

Kevr7881

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S320 cdi W220 2000 registered
wots new ...... anyway yr fixed and on the road and you, lk ,myself, and others learnt something one thing MB ownership WONT do is bore you.....
Most definitely worth being a member, especially when it comes to older models with age related problems. There are a good few helpful souls in the club that make it most advantageous to be a member of. One and all, happy motoring!

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom