S350 suspension failure

OP
S

Steve Taxi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W222
Thanks for that, looks like they have used a bit of that bracket and 'secured' it with a hose clip

JCP

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 S350 L AMG Line
Steve,

This seems as though you've been significantly overcharged.

A year ago, I had the same problem on my 2012 S350 LWB - the clip which secures the link arm to the rear anti-roll bar corroded away.

I took it the MB dealer I've used for some years and the repair involved removing the anti-roll bar and then using a special tool to secure the new clip holding the link arm to it. When the anti-roll bar was refitted, the link arm was then re-attached to the height sensor. I was told the tool which attaches the clip cannot be used with the the anti-roll bar in place.

The total cost was £315 and that was for the job being carried out correctly.

It's worth checking what they have really done. If they have secured the clip with a jubilee clip, it sounds like they firstly, didn't know what the correct repair method was, and secondly, they have taken you to the cleaners. It could be they didn't have the special tool or found it all far too difficult to do the job properly.

OP
S

Steve Taxi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W222
Thanks for that useful information, I have spoken to the dealer and am waiting for a response, I guess they are going to say that removing the roll bar to do it correctly would have been more labour cost but I do expect a main dealer to do it correctly anyway

JCP

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 S350 L AMG Line
Thanks for that useful information, I have spoken to the dealer and am waiting for a response, I guess they are going to say that removing the roll bar to do it correctly would have been more labour cost but I do expect a main dealer to do it correctly anyway
Steve,

The price I paid was MB Main Dealer prices and I understand the rear axle is removed to get the anti-roll bar out. However it's not an uncommon job and something that's clearly not as long as some might think. Good luck with it.

MercMart0802

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 S350 Bluetec Limo
Wow £450!
The arm is £25 and sensor I bought just in case, was £125.. didn’t need sensor, took me 6-7hrs on driveway but I’m glad I did it myself now.. I know dealers a robbing shower £159 just for 1hrs diagnostics.. I’ve learnt quickly with my S350 have to be hands on as much as possible

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom