Saga Rip Off

yorkshire1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
"98 S202 C250TD Manual hybrid
this would have been 4th year with saga but in their greed put premium up ffrom £200/yr fully comp 9yrs protected ncb to £261, no valid reason put forward then proceeded to knock 30 then £40 off, sorry send me proof of my ncb. insured for coming year better level of cover with Covea through Brightside for £170

when will these companies learn not to treat existing customers like cashcows

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
this would have been 4th year with saga but in their greed put premium up ffrom £200/yr fully comp 9yrs protected ncb to £261, no valid reason put forward then proceeded to knock 30 then £40 off, sorry send me proof of my ncb. insured for coming year better level of cover with Covea through Brightside for £170

when will these companies learn not to treat existing customers like cashcows
All premiums have gone up this year. Make sure your new insurance covers you to the same level as Saga would have and also provide the same level of service. A lot of the cheaper companies are cheap for a reason.

Some guy on the internet

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A few.
I see these 'my insurance renewal is a rip off' threads so often I'm guessing peeps haven't twigged the business model ins. cos follow, so let me elucidate.

They offer punters a low teaser rate to sign you up, betting that when it's all done & dusted at renewal time more people will have paid the increased renewal rate than shopped around & changed.

It is an industry wide business model based on the fact that most people are too lazy or stupid to shop their renewal. If it didn't make them money, they would change the model.

It's nothing personal so don't take it personally, just shop it every year.

HTH.

OP
Y

yorkshire1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
"98 S202 C250TD Manual hybrid
I see these 'my insurance renewal is a rip off' threads so often I'm guessing peeps haven't twigged the business model ins. cos follow, so let me elucidate.

They offer punters a low teaser rate to sign you up, betting that when it's all done & dusted at renewal time more people will have paid the increased renewal rate than shopped around & changed.

It is an industry wide business model based on the fact that most people are too lazy or stupid to shop their renewal. If it didn't make them money, they would change the model.

It's nothing personal so don't take it personally, just shop it every year.

HTH.

I did say Id been with them for 3 years,hardly a teaser rate , and as I said they did offer £30 then £40 off when it was obvious I was leaving,so they were just trying it on. the level of cover was also reduced ie excess was increased and ability to drive another car not owned....etc was removed
The new policy is £90/yr cheaper for a higher level of cover, if this happens to be a year 1 teaser so be it,itll do me for now!

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
I went through the change insurance company yearly routine every year for about 3 years at one point.
I had 2 vehicles at the time and it ended up they would swap insurance companies each year!
e.g. vehicle 1 was with company A, vehicle 2 was with company B then the following year vehicle 1 went to company B and vehicle 2 went to company B and the following year they swapped back! Crazily both Company A and Company B were fronts for the same backend company BISL!

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
The only reason you get lower rates when you ask is because many more people just accept what they're given.

If everybody was treated the same the price we'd all pay would in all likelihood rise. Just play the game and don't complain too much...

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
I have the same gripe with Sky...

towat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W208 CLK 320
and don't get me started on mobile phone contracts...

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom