Salvage Value Dispute

Marlow

Registered
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
280 c class
I was involved in an accident in my Mercedes. The 3rd Party has accepted liability.

I have an agreed valuation policy for £3000

The damage to the car is estimated to cost £3000 so they want to write it off.

I intend to keep the car and have it repaired but they are wanting £750 salvage which will leave me further out of pocket after the repair and with a Cat C on the car. They claim that the salvage value of 25% is not negotiable but is it?

All I am trying to achieve is to try put myself in the position i was in before the accident.

Any advise would be welcomed.

geraldrobins

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class/2011/200cdi
I can see both point of views. How viable is it to buy a replacement for 3K or repair it for £2250 bearing in mind it will always be Cat C. Have you asked your insures for advise?

peterws1957

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl350 /2004/3.7 and CL65/2009/6.0
I always smile when I hear an Insurer say a figure is "not negotiable". A typical call centre response. Ask them which condition in the policy allows them to charge 25% for the salvage. It is of course possible that their outlet for written off cars has already priced the salvage at £750, but I doubt it very much given the value of the vehicle. You are wasting your time speaking to the call centre - put your dissatisfaction with the offer in writing giving your reasons. You say that the 3rd party has admitted liability but have their Insurers? If so you could pursue the claim for the vehicle (net of what you think is the value of the damaged car) and other uninsured losses against them direct, although can be a hassle. Unless the car has sentimental value to you, I would be inclined to take the £3k and let your Insurers have the salvage. Obviously up to you.

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
im slightly confused about why you want to repair the car ? if its clearly only a 500 quid repair in the real world then sure , it makes sense but if the cost of repair leaves you out of pocket ? why even consider it pal ?

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom