Sat nav and TV

Foe

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 w210 e220 CDI auto
The sat nav works on my 2001 w210, albeit the CD is from 2001 and I could do with an updated or newer one.
First question. Is there a newer version for my sat nav?
Second question, how do I get the TV to work? I press the TV button, but says TV not connected. I'm not sure to what needs connecting? Does it somehow work connect through the phone? Which is missing, but I plan on replacing, Nokia 6150!

Oarsman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S350L CDI Bluetec, Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 TDI, 1963 Triumph TR4
I would guess that you do not have a tv tuner installed. If you did, it would be analogue and no longer functioning as there is no signal. You would need to install a digital tuner.

Reactions: Foe
OP
Foe

Foe

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 w210 e220 CDI auto
Thanks for the reply. Probably nit worth the effort then?

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
If you really want TV you'd have to use video in inputs and fit a 12v digital tuner.
To be honest outside of pub bragging rights it's really not worth it.
I think the latest disc available is 2013/4.

Flyinspanner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK320-A209 (sold CL500 & W168)
And a newer disc won’t improve the graphics. Just install WAZE on your smartphone :)

OP
Foe

Foe

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 w210 e220 CDI auto
Thanks for the replies.
Will leave the the TV.
For the sat nav, wanted an address update rather than graphics.

AnthonyUK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C240 estate 2002

Flyinspanner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK320-A209 (sold CL500 & W168)
It doesn’t seem to say who makes that unit?

Xtrons make those type units and people seem pleased with them, plus they also have uk distribution -so support may be better if you have issues. Read up threads on the forum

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I believe Xtrons and Erisin (and some others) use the same ODM, and just install their customised Android versions.

I completely agree, it makes sense to purchase from a UK based distributor for warranty and return reasons. Tech support would still be based in China, but they are pretty good and quick with simple queries (factory access codes, etc).

I bought my Erisin from their UK eBay store, called carparts-mall. They have other stores too. Nothing against Xtrons, just like the iOS-looking interface, offered by Erisin.

It’s been exactly one year, since I fitted it - so far it’s completely trouble-free.

AnthonyUK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C240 estate 2002
I believe Xtrons and Erisin (and some others) use the same ODM, and just install their customised Android versions.

I completely agree, it makes sense to purchase from a UK based distributor for warranty and return reasons. Tech support would still be based in China, but they are pretty good and quick with simple queries (factory access codes, etc).

I bought my Erisin from their UK eBay store, called carparts-mall. They have other stores too. Nothing against Xtrons, just like the iOS-looking interface, offered by Erisin.

It’s been exactly one year, since I fitted it - so far it’s completely trouble-free.

Thanks. I'll see what they offer my S203.
Cartparts-mall says it is the Aussie Erisin store??

"This is a new ebay account of ERISIN.COM special for australian buyer, we ship the most items from our Sydney stock and some items from Hong Kong, and can provide sydney address for warranty. Please add me to your list of favourite sellers and visit often. Thank you for your business."

Last edited:

jp williams

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 E class 2.2 cdi auto estate, Lexus GS 450h
The sat nav works on my 2001 w210, albeit the CD is from 2001 and I could do with an updated or newer one.
First question. Is there a newer version for my sat nav?
Second question, how do I get the TV to work? I press the TV button, but says TV not connected. I'm not sure to what needs connecting? Does it somehow work connect through the phone? Which is missing, but I plan on replacing, Nokia 6150!

I still use the original disks in my Sat Nav and they take me to and from Spain via a multitude of routes when I choose to re-program it.
I recently asked Comand on Line in Surrey for advice in replacing my original equipment for an appropriate new piece of kit and they recommended a Pioneer F88-DAB system. It seems to be an all bells and whistles piece of kit and they offered to supply and fit for just short of £900.
I am over 200 miles away on the Wirral and my car only has a market value of £2000 at most, although it would cost me £35,000 to replace it new. I am still considering whether I should invest £900 in my current car or soldier on with my 15 year old Comand system which is slowly but surely starting to show its age. EG I PRESS THE NAV BUTTON AND THE CD plays! Nav only shows up after pressing button x times!

OP
Foe

Foe

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 w210 e220 CDI auto
I still use the original disks in my Sat Nav and they take me to and from Spain via a multitude of routes when I choose to re-program it.
I recently asked Comand on Line in Surrey for advice in replacing my original equipment for an appropriate new piece of kit and they recommended a Pioneer F88-DAB system. It seems to be an all bells and whistles piece of kit and they offered to supply and fit for just short of £900.
I am over 200 miles away on the Wirral and my car only has a market value of £2000 at most, although it would cost me £35,000 to replace it new. I am still considering whether I should invest £900 in my current car or soldier on with my 15 year old Comand system which is slowly but surely starting to show its age. EG I PRESS THE NAV BUTTON AND THE CD plays! Nav only shows up after pressing button x times!

I can totally agree!
It's a shame, it costs so much.

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Ster...637669?hash=item1a171898e5:g:QisAAOSw0GNbA7s1

s-l1600.jpg

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom