SBC Battery or Second battery

abazem

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E270 cdi /2004/OM647
Hi,
I was getting an intermittent error message on dash board 'visit workshop' with red battery symbol. The main battery in trunk is good with voltage in excess of 14 and above. The sbc or secondary battery in engine compartment was low in voltage. Over the period of two weeks the SBC battery has no voltage when i tested it a couple of days ago. Fiamm or branded batteries in my area are expensive or not available readily. A couple of chinese batteries are available for $25 (see attached). Has anyone used these batteries or give advice whether these would be fine and will not harm or damage anything?
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2420.JPG
    IMG_2420.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2419.JPG
    IMG_2419.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 12

HaydnM

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes ML350 / W164
You get what you pay for long term

Chinese batteries will not last, its made to a price, plates will not be A’s think inside & will buckle

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
I would hold out for a branded auxillary battery despite its higher cost.
I doubt the cheap Chinese branded battery will last as long as OEM or branded, but it won't do any harm to use one.
Batteries, like tyres are something I wouldn't buy the cheapest I can find.

OP
A

abazem

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E270 cdi /2004/OM647
Thanks HaydnM and AMGeed for your help.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom