Sbc

Painter16

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sl350 2007
when I turn car on it says service brake visit workshop,took it to my inde for the mot ,it passed no probs ,he said that he put it on star to reset this but he couldn't so needs new part at cost of around £1500 to supply and fit ,and if it turns red on dash should not really drive the car ,Can you get a refurb part for this or it's a new one and that's it

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Is this for the 2007 SL350 in your profile?

I was under the impression SBC was eliminated in the second half of 2006.

Your indy is out to make some money charging £1500 for an SBC pump.

If you do have SBC, it can be obtained on an exchange basis for around £700 and requires around 3 hrs labour.

Check your datacard for options.
806 = SBC fitted.
807 = SBC not fitted.

If you need help with your datacard, post the Vin# here and someone will help.

OP
P

Painter16

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sl350 2007

If you do have SBC, it can be obtained on an exchange basis for around £700 and requires around 3 hrs labour.

806 = SBC fitted.
807 = SBC not fitted.

Yes it is mate that was to fit it as well

peterws1957

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl350 /2004/3.7 and CL65/2009/6.0
The price of £1500 will be to supply a brand new one from MB an expensive part from them. As AMGeed points out, correctly refurbished ones are readily available at a substantial saving .Is your indie reliable? MB apparently built in a large safety margin on the life of these units and owners have had them reset without problem. You can buy a gizmo for £20 to reset it yourself but obviously you need to know whether the pump is actually faulty or not!

OP
P

Painter16

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sl350 2007

806 = SBC fitted.
807 = SBC not fitted.

The price of £1500 will be to supply a brand new one from MB an expensive part from them. As AMGeed points out, correctly refurbished ones are readily available at a substantial saving .Is your indie reliable? MB apparently built in a large safety margin on the life of these units and owners have had them reset without problem. You can buy a gizmo for £20 to reset it yourself but obviously you need to know whether the pump is actually faulty or not!
yes mate he is ,he said he tried to reset it as its a pain to change it ,he's not the sort to just say it needs changing were do they do refurb ones anyone if I have to change it

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
^ I think its only indies with an account at Bosch who can order these pumps directly Bob. I am prepared to be wrong though;)

This is the place to get one, they are refurbished exchange pumps. You need to get the exact part number from your old pump so it matches the replacement.

https://www.autoteilemann.de/p/563247/bosch-abs-sbc-hydraulikaggregat-bremsanlage-0-986-483-002/

Scroll down the page and click on the matching part number.

I really didn't think a 2007 model had SBC?:confused:

bob 6600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
AMGeed you are correct, that is the link I was looking for and thought it would be the one I found via Google.

OP ignore me, read AMGeed's post lol

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Was an option on the 350 standard on the 500...until 2008

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Apologies Mic is right, I'm getting my ABC and SBC mixed up....it's old age I think!

Reactions: Mic
OP
P

Painter16

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sl350 2007
It looks like I've got to have another unit ,took it to this guy who had got star developer what ever that is,said he would charge £40 to clear it ,but £20 up front for trying if he couldn't so you take the chance so thought why not ,anyway he said that it had been reset before and you can only reset it once ,he got back to me bit later said new ones around £1000, or he could get a used one for £400 and he would fit it for £200.not sure what to do ,might be best bite the bullet get new one ,what ya think peps

Mic

Reaction score
Website
www.bennettgibbons.co.uk
Your Mercedes
MB SL500(2003), MB SLK320(2001), Volvo V70 XC AWD(2001)
It looks like I've got to have another unit ,took it to this guy who had got star developer what ever that is,said he would charge £40 to clear it ,but £20 up front for trying if he couldn't so you take the chance so thought why not ,anyway he said that it had been reset before and you can only reset it once ,he got back to me bit later said new ones around £1000, or he could get a used one for £400 and he would fit it for £200.not sure what to do ,might be best bite the bullet get new one ,what ya think peps

I would have a new one fitted. I had a new one fitted April last year at 123,418 miles.

Mic

bob 6600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
The counter can be extended in some cases and that is what he will try to do. It will only postpone the inevitable.

Used one is a waste of money as you don't know the counter on it, could last weeks, could last months and you will need to pay the labour twice.

If he is offering a used @£400, you are better of paying the circa £600 from AMGeed's link

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
The counter can be extended in some cases and that is what he will try to

If he is offering a used @£400, you are better of paying the circa £600 from AMGeed's link

Closer to £700 now due to the FX rate. Like Bob, I'd buy new as well. There is no knowing how long a used one would last.
Don't forget to get the part number from your existing pump to match the new one when ordering.

OP
P

Painter16

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sl350 2007
Thanks all yep think it's best get new like ya say not sure how long used will last so will bite the bullet get it done when I'm away early sept when on me hols,shame as was going to spend bit money on changing me grill and finding some new kick plates as mine are marked to hell but that can wait now

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom