1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch age

Discussion in 'Bodywork, Tyres, Wheels & Trim' started by chr15_8, May 11, 2018.

1. chr15_8

chr15_8 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    C220 sport
    Just a quick one, is it possible to tell how old a scratch is?

Reason being picked my car up from a Bodyshop after having some work done. There is some marks on a piece of trim which they have admitted to and a scratch on another panel (near to the other marks) which he says is old. I know my car well enough to know it wasn’t there before it went in!

Thanks
    Chris

Ps it’s a large Mercedes approved bodyshop that carry out work for a Mercedes dealer

2. Headhurts

Headhurts Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    E350 Night Edition Estate/2016/Diesel
    No idea on age of scratches but like you I know my car and would be fully aware of any marks not made by me.

Personally I would reinforce the point with the manager.

Robin

3. AJD

AJD Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    2012 W204 Sport ///AMG Line 4dr Auto, Obsidian Black, Light Grey Faux Leather
    Hard to establish the age of a scratch but a fresh scratch would be fairly obvious. Just remember that you are dealing with a body shop and they have the wherewithal to age a scratch. :rolleyes:

4. OP
    chr15_8

chr15_8 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    C220 sport
    I took the car with me so they have no access. It’s only taken the laqueer off so my concern is water getting under...

Thanks all