Scratch age

chr15_8

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 sport
Just a quick one, is it possible to tell how old a scratch is?

Reason being picked my car up from a Bodyshop after having some work done. There is some marks on a piece of trim which they have admitted to and a scratch on another panel (near to the other marks) which he says is old. I know my car well enough to know it wasn’t there before it went in!

Thanks
Chris

Ps it’s a large Mercedes approved bodyshop that carry out work for a Mercedes dealer

Headhurts

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes GLC300 2021
No idea on age of scratches but like you I know my car and would be fully aware of any marks not made by me.

Personally I would reinforce the point with the manager.

Robin

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Hard to establish the age of a scratch but a fresh scratch would be fairly obvious. Just remember that you are dealing with a body shop and they have the wherewithal to age a scratch. :rolleyes:

OP
chr15_8

chr15_8

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 sport
Hard to establish the age of a scratch but a fresh scratch would be fairly obvious. Just remember that you are dealing with a body shop and they have the wherewithal to age a scratch. :rolleyes:

I took the car with me so they have no access. It’s only taken the laqueer off so my concern is water getting under...

Thanks all

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom