scratch removal

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
well i have a few scratches on the car, some light and some a little deeper, can anyone recomend anything to get rid of them, i've never done and detailing and not sure i would dare just incase i c**ked it up.

i know i would need to maybe clay the body first is that best? also can it be done in stages, say i do the bonet and wings one day then roof then doors etc, or should i do everything in one go (which will get right up my wife nose).

or do i pay £150 to get a professional detailer to come out and do it all??

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Meguiars do some good consumer polishing products, both for hand application and DA polisher. Definitely easier and more effective by DA. You're unlikely to balls it up using a DA and the consumer focused products

That said, if you can get a detailer to do it for £150, I'd defo get him to do it!

OP
V6Matty

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
that kind of makes sense will give this old polisher i have a go before buying other things. what is the process thats best for detailing, am i best washing the car, claying the body, rinse and then polish?

and good guides i would be glad of too :)

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05

Royston59

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 CLS 350 CDI AMG Sport & 2014 C220 CDI AMG Sport edition (Wifeys)
Don't whatever you do simply by an electric polisher and have a go,....90% chance you will balls up somehow.....Dont ask, but I know:(

AS above visit detailing worlds site for heaps of free knowledge also log onto you tube and search out the junkman......he give great video advice of how to remove swirls and scratches.....

Good luck with the shine:D

ATB

Marcel-Anthony

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 Amg Sport Coupe, ML300, Slk 200k
I bought some Farecla g3 scratch remover with the applicator pads (from Halfords)and it costs just under a tenner and the pads are about £3 was amazed at the results on light scratch's. if you go on you tube you can see it in action.

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
I'm a recent newcomer to DA polishers. Bought a kit from http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/. Their own brand polisher and a mix of pads and polish. Loads of info on the site and youtube and you really can't go too far wrong if you're sensible and methodical.
Cost will be similar to getting someone in but of course you then have the kit to do it whenever you want. For single localised scratches though I still find Tcut to be the best.
Clay, DA, sealant wax and a final coat of carnuba and it's a showroom finish. Lot of work though!

gizze

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
5 Series Touring + 911 Carrera 4
I bought some Farecla g3 scratch remover with the applicator pads (from Halfords)and it costs just under a tenner and the pads are about £3 was amazed at the results on light scratch's. if you go on you tube you can see it in action.

Same here, got a couple of really deep ones out of someones car, which I thought was through to the metal.
Amazing stuff.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom