Secret Fuses !!!

Yorkcab

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E class 220 w210
Good afternoon one and all,
W211 E220 Estate Avantgarde

Just replaced a new rear suspension air compressor (AIRMATIC), replaced relay for new, checked fuse at side of dash.....still no power going to compressor. I am lead to believe there is a pre fuse (number 74) I think which is 40amp. I am also lead to believe it is a complete barsteward to get to as it is in drivers footwell under the carpet.

Is this correct and is there a cheats way of getting to it as it looks like accelerator pedal needs to be removed to get carpet far enough back !!!

Any help is much appreciated.....Ta !

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Not sure if it will help, but I have airmatic all round and the fuse is located in the drivers side end of dash compartment and is a 7.5amp fuse number f37. You'll find this fuse , if the same as my E55, is the 6th fuse down in the row closest to the driver.

It's worth a check to see if yours is the same.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
My R Class's Airmatic relay has a jumbo 40A fuse next to it ..... it was this one that'd virtualy welded itself in place when my Airmatic last gave problems.

OP
Y

Yorkcab

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E class 220 w210
Thanks AMGeed but I already checked this one which is a 5amp in my case .

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
Different car and problem, but I needed to get to an under-carpet plug and faced a similar situation - how to lift the carpet without dismantling the car.

I cheated. I used a scalpel to cut the carpet along a cross member under the seat after removing the seat, and was able to peel it back for access. No damage, and the cut did not show afterwards.

Anathema to purists, but hey - it's a only car!

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Different car and problem, but I needed to get to an under-carpet plug and faced a similar situation - how to lift the carpet without dismantling the car.

I cheated. I used a scalpel to cut the carpet along a cross member under the seat after removing the seat, and was able to peel it back for access. No damage, and the cut did not show afterwards.

Anathema to purists, but hey - it's a only car!

That's what you have to do on my car the first time the battery is replaced (it lives under the driver's seat)

Top Bottom