Sending a destination using Mercedes Me

wivenhoe

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2018 E Class E350e plug in hybrid
Can anyone tell me how to send a destination using Mercedes Me to Comand 5.5 (2018 E Class). The YouTube videos are all for previous versions and the ‘select from Mercedes Benz apps’ is not available on my Comand. Any advice gratefully received

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Sorry too new for me- in my Volvo app you have a map search /Destination then when found it automatically asks if you want to send to car- not sure if MercedesMe works the same ?
Dealer would be the obvious place to ask I guess

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
I tried it with mine and basically it was as follows: -

Find the required destination on Google maps and let it load.
At the bottom of the screen press "share". If this option is not available, try it with a local landmark/company/postcode.
You should then have the option of "Send to Vehicle".

That's all I had to do with mine, though I tend not to use it because I'm a bit of a Luddite...

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
In MM go to the destinations page - get your destination typed in and found by MM. There is a button at the bottom of the screen to send to the car. In the car go to your destinations screen and scroll right down, there should be an option to load the destination.
fullsizeoutput_92.jpeg

There is also this option
IMG_0009.png

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)

At the bottom of the screen press "share". If this option is not available, try it with a local landmark/company/postcode.

That's all I had to do with mine, though I tend not to use it because I'm a bit of a Luddite...

In MM go to the destinations page - get your destination typed in and found by MM. There is a button at the bottom of the screen to send to the car. In the car go to your destinations screen and scroll right down, there should be an option to load the destination.
View attachment 46704

View attachment 46705

Thanks Guys, absolutely brilliant. I’ve just tried both and they worked. Had a bit of trouble finding the Share button on Google Maps but a swipe up from the button of the screen worked.

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.

It works well enough but I find that getting the internet connection via my phone is very slow (when parked in the garage). In that time I can just as easily key in the post code!

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
To be honest, typing in the post code is still my preferred method.

The last time I sent a destination to it I just ended up arguing with the thing and taking my own route anyway.

I still prefer looking up a destination on an old fashioned map and memorising it, though I do use the navigation in the event of detours, road closures or traffic jams.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
It works well enough but I find that getting the internet connection via my phone is very slow (when parked in the garage). In that time I can just as easily key in the post code!
Agreed. Although my internet connection in the garage was quite quick today, I did wonder whether it would have been just as quick to do it the old way and input it into Comand. Might be useful when doing a batch of destinations for my next European trip though?

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
Agreed. Although my internet connection in the garage was quite quick today, I did wonder whether it would have been just as quick to do it the old way and input it into Comand. Might be useful when doing a batch of destinations for my next European trip though?

Take a look at this link this guy "Malbry" has written a routine that you can use to load converted routes to the SD card and use in the car. It is my preferred option.

https://www.slkworld.com/slk-r172-g...oute-not-destination-comand-navigation-2.html

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
OP
W

wivenhoe

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
View attachment 46704

View attachment 46705
Thanks but when I try that I don’t get an option to load the destination. Looks like when they prevented loading up speed cameras as POI’s they also took away that facility as well. Thanks again for your help.

OP
W

wivenhoe

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
View attachment 46704

View attachment 46705
Rory. Cracked it - it isn’t available in Mercedes Me app on an iPad but it is on my iPhone. Many thanks.

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
Thanks but when I try that I don’t get an option to load the destination. Looks like when they prevented loading up speed cameras as POI’s they also took away that facility as well. Thanks again for your help.

I think your personal POIs have to be on the SD card & then you will have your cameras!

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
I need to reconnect my WIFI to the car ....I need to set up my hub with an easier password. I seem to remember the car will also use any wifi that you can connect to.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
My Mercedes Me Adapter has decided to stop working:(
Doh ! Just remembered I got a new iPhone Xr and need to connect all Bluetooth devices again! Stupid me

Last edited:

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
I need to reconnect my WIFI to the car ....I seem to remember the car will also use any wifi that you can connect to.
Sounds complicated, let us know how you get on! Just checked my router and there's no mention of the car on the Devices list. I assumed the car used the phone's internet connection, whether that is 4G or Wi-fi.

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
If you
Sounds complicated, let us know how you get on! Just checked my router and there's no mention of the car on the Devices list. I assumed the car used the phone's internet connection, whether that is 4G or Wi-fi.[/Q

Easy - if you get into the car and open up your Tel/Internet settings for wifi and connecting your phone, your WIFI address should show up. It ir is just a pain to enter the complicated password without a keyboard. I think it is a once off effort.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Easy - if you get into the car and open up your Tel/Internet settings for wifi and connecting your phone, your WIFI address should show up. It ir is just a pain to enter the complicated password without a keyboard. I think it is a once off effort.

Thanks - I’ll give it a try

OP
W

wivenhoe

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I think your personal POIs have to be on the SD card & then you will have your cameras!
Rory. That’s the problem. In the latest E Class the function to read POI’s from a SD card or USB doesn’t exist with no option to upload either - they appear to have locked it out. Any way around this would be very very appreciated

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom