Serious Question

Frosty149

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W207 2014 E350 coupe Bluetec D
Ah yes - me too. First, second and third cars were all Minis.
First was a Mini Traveller (complete with wood sides), then a Cooper S (now that WAS fun) then Mini 1000 van (concurrent to the Cooper S). Even had a Morris 1300 snotter that I ran about in for 3 months while rebuilding the Cooper S - the 1300 had sod all compression and drank oil but it never let me down!
I still have bits... cooper cylinder head, twin SU's, I don't know what I think I'm going to do with them...

Frosty149

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W207 2014 E350 coupe Bluetec D
Ah yes - me too. First, second and third cars were all Minis.
First was a Mini Traveller (complete with wood sides), then a Cooper S (now that WAS fun) then Mini 1000 van (concurrent to the Cooper S). Even had a Morris 1300 snotter that I ran about in for 3 months while rebuilding the Cooper S - the 1300 had sod all compression and drank oil but it never let me down!
Do you remember the deseamed minis?

BAZZER1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320cdi AVANTGARDE SELECT
As Roger has said, you did ask for advice and when Cole a Highly experienced Guy gave you sound advice you scout around the houses for other answers and take no notice of his valuable advice, we are a pretty patient group of guys and will always try to provide advice to anyone who will take notice of the advice given, Good Luck Mate.
BAZZER1

OP
C

Calumcco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
N/A
  • Banned
I didnt not take his advice. This is getting most frustrating.

Is anyone up for a chat? I will ring myself.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
What's up Calum?

OP
C

Calumcco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
N/A
  • Banned
Nothing Craig. Just be nice to chat with other people and learn more about cars, etc.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Nothing Craig. Just be nice to chat with other people and learn more about cars, etc.

Come to a meet then. MissyD will tell you when the next one is.

OP
C

Calumcco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
N/A
  • Banned
Ok. Will do :)

MalcQV

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes CLA200
I bought a new Alfa in 1985, scrapped due to rust in 1991. I believe you.
They were quite bad.
Not today though. There is no doubt that this little Alfa will be going long after the CLK unless somebody writes the Alfa off :D

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
They were quite bad.
Not today though. There is no doubt that this little Alfa will be going long after the CLK unless somebody writes the Alfa off :D

very true. I think Alfa changed their steel supplier and MB started to buy it from Alfas old source in the mid-late 90s :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:;););)

MalcQV

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes CLA200
very true. I think Alfa changed their steel supplier and MB started to buy it from Alfas old source in the mid-late 90s :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:;););)
:D. It was Russian steel from what I recall. My brother's W208 CLK (think that is the right code) went to the great scrapyard in the sky due to rust. That was one of the worse modern (ish) cars I've ever seen rot:(

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
yes I know what the rot was like. I had a 210!!!!! which also explains my very tongue in cheek comment about MB using an old Alfa steel supplier! I mean I'm not a fan, in fact I really dislike Fiats, but even THEY are pretty decent as regards rusting nowadays. I know theyre part of the same company as Alfas but because Fiats tend to be cheap and cheerful, especially used, they get neglected more than Alfas, who tend to be bought by 'fans' as the cars get older. Fiats are often abused, battered first or second cars for new drivers once they dip to the 3 figure price bracket!

MalcQV

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes CLA200
That is true Alfa's tend to be bought by enthusiasts now and therefore do get a little more TLC.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom