Service reccomendation ?

gh3382

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W164 ML350
When I bought our 2005 clk 350 sport cabroilet it had full service history with only one not being a MB but the Toyota garage wher I bought it. (transferred from a mb dealer in the Jardine group).

I recently went window shopping at the local MB dealer and he looked at car and asked about its history and I told him about the service history.

He strongly reccomended getting the last service done again at MB to maintain the full MB service history as he reckons it adds value to the car.

He also said this will keep it ok for the bodywork guarantee from MB.

Registered 22/12/05 It has 35300 on the clock the stamped service history I have shows

12/07/07 6445 service A MB Chelsea

11/12/08 13229 B service and itemised bill from MB Chelsea for the first MOT and front brake pads but it is not stamped in the service book.

12/11/09 A part itemised bill showing 13230 miles (only 1 mile in 11 months ) brake pads, tyres, dust filter and oil. (has it been stored ?)

10.09/10 22450 service B MB Chelsea itemised bill also new discs and pads on front and brake fluid replacement. This is not stamped in the service book.

23/03/12 32816 service book shows engine oil + Spark Plugs only changed. They have said the next service is due at 42816 (10,000 miles) is that correct ? I have a Toyota pdi sheet showing all service checks and it says it is serviced according to manafacturers recomendations.

I am interested to see what your opinions are as it has obviously been well serviced but only having 1 mile on it between 12/08 and 11/09 means it has been off the road probably stored as I had it inspected and have a hpi report on it before buying and there is no body or chassis damage.

Me thinks a visit to friendly MB dealer service dept to see what they can tell me . The last owner just did not seem to take the book to get stamped.

comments welcome

gh3382

Top Bottom