Shunting motion?

and11

Reaction score
My 300d sometimes shunts along on acceleration just after gearchange,as if in wrong gear. Now at first i thought this was me just getting used to clutch, bad habit of not taking foot right off, but now i'm worried it's the clutch on way out, only test i know is with brake on, or on steep hill, but she does stall quickly as if clutch is fine when doing this test?

Last edited:
OP
and11

and11

Reaction score
My 300d sometimes shunts along on acceleration just after gearchange,as if in wrong gear. Now at first i thought this was me just getting used to clutch, bad habit of not taking foot right off, but now i'm worried it's the clutch on way out, only test i know is with brake on, or on steep hill, but she does stall quickly as if clutch is fine when doing this test?

Yes, think your right, i tried to keep revs on 2000 st standstill and found it very difficult, going higher, then too low. So would a new cable be the fix?

oigle

Reaction score
Website
members.optusnet.com.au
Your Mercedes
2003 ML270 sold but not forgotten. 2022 Kia EV6 RWD LR
There isn't any real alternative as cables can't be disassembled for lubrication. Some people have tried undoing the motor end of the cable and squirting lube down the cable but not entirely successful. New cable is the better fix. Sometimes, playing with throttle return spring strengths can help too, but am unsure whether this would apply with your model.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom