SL / R129 Window adjustment to reduce wind noise

Heero

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sl320
Yes I can send it to you :D:D

Hi is there any chance you could send this to me aswell I need to adjust my drivers side window as it is not aligning up properly I would be really greatful

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I have sent it and you can edit out your address

r129sl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 Mercedes SL500
I have sent it and you can edit out your address

Hi! I have just bought my dream car - R129 SL500 however I also have problems with wind noise and wind entering cabin from the rear edge of windows.

Is it possible you could also send me your instructions for adjusting the windows? If you could that would be very much appreciated! My email is seanfaroqui@hotmail.co.uk

hairyg

Reaction score
Website
www.vegetarian-and-low-calorie-recipes.com
Your Mercedes
R129 (1994) SL320
Hi! I have just bought my dream car - R129 SL500 however I also have problems with wind noise and wind entering cabin from the rear edge of windows.

Is it possible you could also send me your instructions for adjusting the windows? If you could that would be very much appreciated! My email is seanfaroqui@hotmail.co.uk

Malcolm is unable to respond at the moment but he sent me the instruction a while ago. I will try and find the file and forward it onto you

teabag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 W163 ML270 CDI
Be careful if you are adjusting the windows to meet the soft-top seals as they may then be too tight to work correctly when the hardtop is refitted.
If the wind noise is only apparent with the soft-top in use it is possible to adjust the seal carrier rails by pulling out the rubber seal in a downwards direction in order to expose four screws securing the carrier rail to the soft-top frame, these screws when loosened allow the carrier to move inwards or outwards as it is slotted and will give about 3 millimetres of adjustment. The seal should then be re-fitted by sliding it back up the carrier with the use of some lubricant.
Doing it this way means the windows will still operate correctly against the hardtop seals.

hairyg

Reaction score
Website
www.vegetarian-and-low-calorie-recipes.com
Your Mercedes
R129 (1994) SL320
Be careful if you are adjusting the windows to meet the soft-top seals as they may then be too tight to work correctly when the hardtop is refitted.
If the wind noise is only apparent with the soft-top in use it is possible to adjust the seal carrier rails by pulling out the rubber seal in a downwards direction in order to expose four screws securing the carrier rail to the soft-top frame, these screws when loosened allow the carrier to move inwards or outwards as it is slotted and will give about 3 millimetres of adjustment. The seal should then be re-fitted by sliding it back up the carrier with the use of some lubricant.
Doing it this way means the windows will still operate correctly against the hardtop seals.

Yes, the first item on the instructions sent is "Coupe roof attached" so this is a good tip

berkeu

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
98 SL 320
Since I am heading to the repairers tomorrow it would be great if someone could email me the instructions within the earliest convenient time. Thanki ng in advance. berke@ugural.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMHARV

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1994 SL500
I recently inherited my fathers 94 SL500, my dream machine, and I'm having a nightmare in particular with adjusting the window so it seals. Would anyone be able to email me those adjustment instructions? My email is: mattharvey143@gmail.com

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
check your junk email box soon

Top Bottom